This just in: Tommy Conwell And The Young Rumblers have announced a show at The Blockley on Saturday, November 6. Those old enough to remember know The Blockley as the former site of The Chestnut Cabaret, where Conwell used to play back in the hazy days of 80s rock and MTV videos. More than 20 years after he had a number-one hit with the song “I’m Not Your Man,” Conwell continues to hold a special place in Philadelphia’s heart.
Hear Milagres play live, plus new music from Sharon Van Etten, Metronomy, Black Lips and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade
Tonight’s Indie Rock Hit Parade is the definition of a doozy. Starting at 10pm tonight, catch a full two-hour mix of fresh new tracks and deep classic gems. In addition to a spotlight on the new Real Estate album, we … Read More
- An evening of folk, rock and country inflected music from the Cowboy Junkies
- Electronic rockers Liars playing Underground Arts on May 7th
Last Saturday night at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden Community College in Blackwood, N.J., folk-rockers Cowboy Junkies took center stage. Playing to a one-third-full auditorium did nothing to diminish the quintet’s performance, and Margo Timmins’ vocals were stunning, despite … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl...First Friday, Sustainability and Women's History Month!
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Tonight's Concert Picks: Ali Wadsworth at Ruba Club, The Deli's 5th Anniversary Bash at PhilaMOCA, River City Festival at Penn Treaty Park and more
Ali Wadsworth is not a new voice in Philly by any means, but she’ll be releasing her debut solo LP at Ruba Club tonight. The celebration will be an incredible one: a cocktail hour, sets by Auctioneer, Thom McCarthy and … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Ava Luna/Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, The Left Banke at WCL, Tommy Conwell at Haddon Lake Park, and Willie Nelson at TD Bank Center of the Arts