Last month, in honor of Mother’s Day, XPN Midday and Philly Local host Helen Leicht launched a series called “M.O.M.s: Mothers On Musicians.” You can listen to the interviews Helen did with the mothers of Kuf Knotz, Mutlu, Brian Kenneth (of Fooling April), and Matt Duke here. Today is the last installment of the series, and features Helen’s interview with Amos Lee’s mom, Loretta Pollock. Click here to listen.
Lana Del Rey is playing the Skyline Stage at The Mann on Sunday, May 11th. Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 14th at 10AM. In the late summer of 2011, the music interwebs exploded in fascination over Del Rey’s … Read More
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- The Ghost in You: Billy Polard talks video games, the suburbs, and the challenges of home-recording
- Band on the Brink: Eternal Summers talk Kombucha, DIY, and why they feel the scene owes them nothing
Jack Johnson has announced a summer tour with a stop at The Mann Center on June 6th with special guest Amos Lee. Johnson released a new record last year called From Here To Now To You on his Brushfire Records label, … Read More
- Just Announced: XPN welcomes Amos Lee to The Music Box at the Borgata on 4/18
- The 10 most popular stories on The Key in 2013
Central Pennsylvania-bred rockers The Districts are in the middle of a pretty awesome week. On Tuesday, their self-titled EP came out on Fat Possum Records, and they played a pizza-fueled release party at A.K.A. Music in Old City Philadelphia. Tonight, … Read More
- Unlocked: Watch Our Griffins perform "Come and Wake Me Up" acoustic and on the air with WXPN's Helen Leicht
- Listen back to Paul McCartney's interview with WXPN's Helen Leicht
Last month, in honor of Mother’s Day, XPN Midday and Philly Local host Helen Leicht launched a series called “M.O.M.s: Mothers On Musicians.” Helen recently interviewed Sylvia Thornton (Kuf Knotz’s mom), Joanne Anderson (Brian Kenneth of Fooling April’s mom), and … Read More
- "Mothers On Musicians" Part 3: Helen Leicht interviews Matt Duke's mom, Angela Duke
- "Mothers On Musicians" Part 2: Helen Leicht interview Brian Kenneth's (of Fooling April) mom, Joanne Anderson