DJ Jazzy Jeff and Toronto singer Ayah have released a new album called Back For More, which you can download for free here. Produced by Jeff and James Poyser (from The Roots and Demien DeSandies), the album is a groove-inciting collection of R&B, neo-soul, and smooth, funky jams.
Last Thursday, The Wonder Years dropped by Lancaster’s Chameleon Club to kick off their U.S. spring tour along with Philly’s Modern Baseball, midwestern crew Citizen, and Detroit’s Fireworks. Never having been to a pop-punk show before, everyone assured me that … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
- Modest Mouse playing SteelStacks summer concert series
Hailing from pastoral Bucks County, Jeremiah Tall has equal access to the city and countryside, and you can totally hear it in his music. On the one hand, it’s very roots / Americana-centric – not unlike his neighbors Levee Drivers … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Marah, Auctioneer, Katie Frank & the Pheromones and more
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
The Wisconsin seven piece Phox are doing a World Cafe session with David Dye this week as part of the Cafe’s week long Sense of Place Austin series. This week there are featured sessions with singer-songwriters Alejandro Escovedo and Patty … Read More
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
On this date in 2005, the Live 8 concerts were held around the world, including at the Philadelphia Art Museum and Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Live Aid, performers in Philly included Stevie Wonder, DJ Jazzy Jeff … Read More
- Watch DJ Jazzy Jeff's new web video series, Vinyl Destination
- Video flashback: Watch Rap City, the 1988 documentary about Philly's rising hop-hop scene