It was released last November, but Bandname’s Breakfast wasn’t really an autumn album. It’s meant more for this season, a perfect record for road trips to the shore, slamming around in the heat, and backyard cookouts on cool breezy evenings. You’ll get to do at least one of those things in conjunction with Bandname’s feisty garage-punk tomorrow, when it plays Cha Cha Razzi with buzzing local fellows Kite Party and a handful of touring acts. Today’s Philly Local Phile digs into our session archives for a rendition of “Wonder Why” recorded for us right before the album’s release. Bandname plays Cha Cha Razzi, 1918 S. Bancroft St. with Kite Party, The Guru, Hot Mess and High Pop, Fri. July 23 at 7 p.m. Admission to the all ages show is $5.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Wilmington, DE musician Sarah Koon has released a new single called “Pretty Simple,” taken from her forthcoming EP This Kind of Education. The track forms around Koon’s beautifully executed piano playing, swirling out in cinematic fashion with several mood and … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Review: Marian Hill's Play
Call it Band Name‘s endless summer. The Philly-based garage punks just a week ago released a zany, surreal music video for their recent single “King of Surfers.” Intercut with a montage of Daniel Johnston-style artwork by Band Name bandmates Jeremy … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Purling Hiss at Morgan's Pier, Meek Mill at TLA, and XPN Welcomes Lovebettie to The Garden
- Bandname, Slutever and others will play PhilaMOCA's Nuclear BBQ on July 15th
Philadelphia native and Girls Rock Philly alum Attia Taylor will return to her hometown for a show at Cha Cha’Razzi on October 4th. After releasing her Luxurious Corners EP in February, Taylor stopped by the studio of Kettle Pot Tracks to record … Read More
- Watch videos from Ladyfest Philly's Galentine's Day Cover Band Benefit
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes The Spinto Band to Johnny Brenda's, Arctic Splash at Kung Fu Necktie, Cold Roses at MilkBoy, Parquet Courts at Voyeur for Making Time, Galentine's Day Cover Band Show at Cha-Cha'Razzi
Tonight, minimal Philly psycheduo Bridge Underwater plays at the latest Bands in the Backyard showcase – the No Alternative video party at Silk City. Joining them on the bill of this free show are sludge rockers Spirit Animal and harmonizing … Read More
- Philly Local Philes: Po Po's "Let's Get Away (Diplo RMX)"
- Philly Local Philes: The Only Ghost In Town's "Waterfall"