Yesterday, WXPN’s Mike Vasilikos interviewed 2011 XPoNential Music Festival headliners Citizen Cope as well as Gary Clark Jr. and Joseph Arthur. You can listen to the full interviews by clicking the links below.
Interview with Citizen Cope
Interview with Gary Clark Jr.
Interview with Joseph Arthur
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
MORE POSTS ABOUT
- Citizen Cope
- Gary Clark Jr.
- Joseph Arthur
- XPoNential Music Festival
Tonight's Concert Picks: New Madrid at Boot & Saddle, Mount Carmel at MilkBoy, Flux Capacitor at North Star Bar and more
New Madrid might have their seasons confused, but they’ve got their sound right. The band released its newest album, Sunswimmer, just this past February. The album features enough ambiance to fill a room along with gritty, punky vocals presented by … Read More
- Download Nothing's cover of Low's "In Metal" for Record Store Day
- Belgium's Ignatz channels heartland America, plays Pageant: Soloveev Gallery on 4/22
In George Herriman’s classic Krazy Kat comics, Ignatz is the main antagonist, a belligerent mouse whose habit of hurling bricks at the title character’s head only endears him to her. His anarchic aggression seems an ill fit for Belgian guitarist … Read More
- Philly punk party Rockers! returns to showcase diversity in a multisensory weekend festival
- Kings of the Jungle: Talking passion and relentless pursuits with Night Panther
Clarence Greenwood, more commonly known by his stage name Citizen Cope, has just announced that he’ll be playing a solo acoustic show at the Merriam Theater on October 18th. The singer/songwriter has been songwriting and touring for over a decade … Read More
- Just announced: Citizen Cope playing World Cafe Live at the Queen in Wilmington on August 1
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Toro y Moi at Union Transfer, XPN Welcomes Citizen Cope to Musikfest Cafe
Sometimes unlikely combinations on paper make for good bedfellows in the studio. Such is the case with Cody ChesnuTT who collaborated with Gary Clark, Jr. on “Gunpowder On The Letter,” from ChesnuTT’s new Landing on A Hundred: B-Sides and Remixes. … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Kings of Leon with Gary Clark, Jr. at the Wells Fargo Center, Anders Osborne at World Cafe Live
- Gary Clark Jr. goes unplugged for KUTX with "Blak and Blu" and "Bright Lights" (playing the Roots Picnic on 6/1)
XPN favorite Joseph Arthur delivered a musically and visually rich set at The Sellersville Theater last Thursday night. Joined on bass and backup harmonies by R.E.M. vet Mike Mills, Arthur played largely from this year’s LP The Ballad of Boogie … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cults at The TLA, Communion Club Night featuring Rosco Bandana at Underground Arts, Myrrias at Ortliebs and more
- Listen to Sweet Relief III: Pennies From Heaven (featuring Jackson Browne, Ben Harper, Josepth Arthur, She & Him and others)
To say that we’re psyched that Beck is playing this year’s XPoNential Music Festival is a bit of an understatement. We were practically doing backflips when we found out that he was on the bill, and not because we remember … Read More
- Hear Ryan Adams tell David Dye about re-learning to play guitar; get psyched for his #xpnfest appearance
- Man Man announced their summer tour and, hey, it includes a stop at #xpnfest!