You can read the full review here.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
Long-running New York pop-punk crew Bayside hit The Troc earlier this month for a sold-out show with Doylestown four-piece Daylight (which has since changed its name to Superheaven) and Mixtapes. Bayside is on tour in support of Cult, it’s first … Read More
- Psalmships soars with somber new single "Flesh Turn" from upcoming album I Sleep Alone
- Nick Millevoi set to release new record Numbers on the Side this month
New wave icon Boy George warmed up for his show tonight at the TLA with a rousing Free at Noon set before a sold-out World Cafe Live crowd. Having just collaborated with co-headliners Black Lips on a cover of T. … Read More
- Cheerleader promises new single, and they deliver with a satisfying preview
- Philly punk party Rockers! returns to showcase diversity in a multisensory weekend festival
Tonight's Concert Picks: My Bloody Valentine at Electric Factory, Dresses at MilkBoy, Taj Mahal Trio at Grand Opera House, and more
Ethereal alt-rock icons My Bloody Valentine are bringing their elusive melodies and spidery vocals to Electric Factory tonight before they finish up their North American tour in New York. Dropping their anxiously anticipated third full length album mbv in February, … Read More
- The Week So Far: 12 must-read stories on The Key (incl. Roots Picnic, ONUINU and #LetBonnerShoot)
- Listen to Bleeding Rainbow's Yeah Right via Pitchfork (even though they didn't like it)
Last month, Philly space rock heroes The War on Drugs played their very first show in support of the acclaimed new album Lost in the Dream at WXPN’s Free at Noon concert. Today, some of those songs will show up … Read More
- Download The War On Drugs' cover of John Lennon's "Mind Games"
- War On Drugs transcended guitar greatness at Union Transfer (photo recap)