Dong Johnson is a punk rock band that recently released its four-song Happy Birthday EP. The band includes Opal Rock (5 Points Of Logic), bassist Tracy Stanton (The Bloodfeathers), drummer Chris Wilson (Ted Leo And The Pharmacists), and guitarist Joshua K. Cicetti (Gildon Works, The Midnight Sounds); the EP was recorded and mixed by Jeff Zeigler at his Uniform Recording studio. The band plays next Tuesday, August 30th, at The Barbary at 10 p.m. with DJs Ian St. Laurent and Dan Kishbaugh.
The EP swings with convincing full force rock glory with some very tight rhythm section work and fierce guitar playing. Download the entire EP for free here or grab the two songs below.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Hailing from pastoral Bucks County, Jeremiah Tall has equal access to the city and countryside, and you can totally hear it in his music. On the one hand, it’s very roots / Americana-centric – not unlike his neighbors Levee Drivers … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Marah, Auctioneer, Katie Frank & the Pheromones and more
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Johnny Brenda’s hosted an all local show Thursday featuring Lantern, Dong Johnson and Amanda X. Musically it ranged from proto-punk to dirty blues rock to hardcore and post-punk. But the energy was consistent throughout. Lantern opened with “Out of Our … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lantern at Johnny Brenda's, Black Prairie at MilkBoy, Blonde Redhead at Union Transfer, XPN Welcomes David Johansen of New York Dolls to World Cafe Live, XPN Welcomes Rhett Miller to The Abbey Bar
- Tonight's Concert Picks: WXPN welcomes Mike Doughty w/ Griz, Alberta Cross, He's My Brother She's My Sister, and Lantern