This Saturday night (Oct. 29th) is the Making Time Halloween Warehouse Project with Dam-Funk and Master Blaster and Dawn Of The Dead. The Making Time DJ crew will be spinning with sets from Dave P. (the host of XPN’s Making Time RADio), Sammy Slice, Pink Skull, Adam Sparkle, The Broadzilla DJs and The Spirit of Thomzilla. The Making Time Halloween Project is at 521 Cecil B. Moore (5th & Cecil B. Moore @ Randolph Streets). Tickets to the 21+ event are $15. Below, check out the tribute video the Making Time crew made based on Michael Jackson’s Thriller. It stars all your favorite Making Time DJ’s and has an appearance by Spank Rock.
When Pattern is Movement played a set of brand new songs at Union Transfer back in October, the one that stood out the most was a slick and smokin’ midtempo groover with dynamic vocal harmonies. Turns out the song is … Read More
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Experimental Philly duo Air is Human will take up residency at Ortlieb’s this month and, as music to our ears, the shows will all be free. Every Wednesday night, Air is Human will have a hand-picked opener and jam out … Read More
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl--The Philadelphia Flower Show heralds spring and flamenco heats up Philadelphia!
A new exhibition is opening at Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts this Friday, October 12th, featuring the work of KAWS – an artist and designer Philadelphians will recognize from his Companion (Passing Through) installation in 30th Street Station this spring. … Read More
- Celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Making Time RADio with Dave P this Friday night
- See a Questlove Q&A, watch sets by Khari Mateen, Lushlife and Pow Pow at Underground Arts for Philly Tech Week
It’s no surprise that Philly four-piece Weekender is appearing on this Saturday’s Making Time $2 Bill show. When you look at the roots of DJ Dave P’s long-running futuristic sounds party, you’ll find they actually lie in fuzzed-out psychedelic Britpop … Read More
- Tune in to Making Time RADio with Dave P, tonight at 7 p.m. on XPN
- Jagwar Ma playing Making Time on November 30th