You can listen to Rhett Miller’s performance in its entirety here.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
Lana Del Rey is playing the Skyline Stage at The Mann on Sunday, May 11th. Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 14th at 10AM. In the late summer of 2011, the music interwebs exploded in fascination over Del Rey’s … Read More
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
Americana roots rockers unite! The Old 97′s and Drive-By Truckers are hitting the road together and playing the TLA on Tuesday, November 5. Tickets go on sale this Friday, July 12 at Noon. Go here for tickets. Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Akron/Family at Johnny Brenda's, Rhett Miller at World Cafe Live, Sons of Fathers at MilkBoy, Jamaican Queens at Little Berlin
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lantern at Johnny Brenda's, Black Prairie at MilkBoy, Blonde Redhead at Union Transfer, XPN Welcomes David Johansen of New York Dolls to World Cafe Live, XPN Welcomes Rhett Miller to The Abbey Bar
Photo by Doug Seymour Also below: An interview with Dawes’ Taylor Goldsmith about the performance. Dawes with Mumford & Sons – When My Time Comes from WXPN FM on Vimeo. Taylor Goldsmith talks about playing with Mumford & Sons from … Read More
- Listen to Amos Lee's performance at the World Cafe 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Listen to Susan Tedeschi And Derek Trucks Band's performance at the World Cafe 20th Anniversary Celebration
Folk-pop singer-songwriter Mark Mulcahy (ex-Miracle Legion) will reflect on life, love, and loss through his music tonight at World Cafe Live. His eight year hiatus following the tragic loss of his wife ended last year with the release of Dear … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lizanne Knott Philabundance benefit at World Cafe Live, The Phosphenes at The Fire, and Cuddle Magic at Boot and Saddle
- Anthrax mouthpiece Scott Ian brings spoken word to World Cafe Live