Tonight, WXPN and Jump Magazine welcome an all-Philly show with Nicos Gun, Grandchildren, Prowler, DRGN KING, and Ed Blammo to the Blockley at 8 p.m. Tickets to the 21+ show are $9 in advance and $12 at the door and can be purchased here. Below, sample some sounds from Nicos Gun, Prowler, and DRGN KING.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Tonight’s Concert Picks: DRGN King at Johnny Brenda's, The Whisky Gentry at MilkBoy, Adrien Reju at Kennett Flash and more
Like a punkier Philly version of TV On the Radio, indie-rock quartet DRGN King headlines Johnny Brenda’s tonight. Though the group hasn’t released anything new since 2013′s Paragraph Nights, they’ve been more than active playing at festivals, recording a Daytrotter … Read More
- Watch Dominic Angelella of Drgn King strip down The Dead Milkmen classic "Punk Rock Girl"
- DRGN King and SHMNS to headline Flux at Drexel University on 1/24
Night Panther and Grandchildren are kicking off the pre-New Years Eve weekend together at Boot & Saddle. The disco / dream pop folks in Night Panther released a single off of their recent debiut LP last week via yvynyl called … Read More
- Photo recap: Grandchildren played Johnny Brenda's
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Grandchildren at Johnny Brenda's, Black Landlord at MilkBoy, Light Heat at Race Street Pier
Text by Niesha Miller. Images by Michael Bucher. This article originally appeared in JUMP Aja Graydon and Fatin Dantzler sit beside each other in their studio near 60th Street and Baltimore Avenue in Southwest Philly. Their creative space is painted … Read More
- From the pages of JUMP: Illvibe Collective: The Brotherhood of DJs.
- Cheif Keef to headline eight artist blowout at TLA tonight