Local folk musician Meg Baird is currently on tour in the UK with no Philly performances scheduled for the near future. However, you can click here to listen to her recent interview and performance on World Cafe with David Dye. During her appearance, she discusses and performs tracks from her second album, Seasons On Earth, which was released by Drag City back in September.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
Lana Del Rey is playing the Skyline Stage at The Mann on Sunday, May 11th. Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 14th at 10AM. In the late summer of 2011, the music interwebs exploded in fascination over Del Rey’s … Read More
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
When news broke early this morning that iconic folk singer and activist Pete Seeger died yesterday at the age of 94, one of the first responses we saw was a Tweet from WXPN’s David Dye, host of World Cafe: Very … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Glenn Tilbrook at World Cafe Live, Funky Blues Finale w/ James Cotton and David Dye at TLA, mewithoutYou at Musikfest Cafe
- David Dye's Sense of Place trip to Rio uncovers the second most recorded song ever
Tonight's Concert Picks: Ben Vaughn Quintet at The Tin Angel, Angel Olsen at Studio 34, The Astronauts at PhilaMOCA, Mirah at Johnny Brenda's, The Tragically Hip at The TLA
South Jersey-bred rocker, producer and XPN host Ben Vaughn takes to the stage of The Tin Angel tonight. The venue is celebrating its 20th anniversary this month, and XPN Welcomes Ben and his quintet to rattle the walls a bit … Read More
- Exit Interview: Meg Baird on her 10+ years in the Philly folk scene
- Listen to a new song from Angel Olsen (playing Studio 34 on 11/13)
This is it! It’s the last chance to get your 20 Free World Cafe Downloads to Get You Through February. All month long, David Dye has opened up the Cafe archives to bring you free mp3s of incredible performances by … Read More
- Download a World Cafe performance of She & Him's "I Could Have Been Your Girl"
- Download a World Cafe performance of "Dear Ramona" by Parquet Courts