Today, during the noon hour, Helen Leicht will have local singer-songwriter Matt Duke in the studio for a live interview and performance. Click here to watch online.
You can listen Duke’s performance at this year’s XPoNential Festival here. Earlier this year, he came into the WXPN studio to record a Key Studio Session, which you can find here; he also appears on our new Key Studio Sessions 2011 XPoNential Music Festival Sampler (which also features exclusive tracks by Johnny Miles And The Waywards, Nicos Gun, Kuf Knotz, and Andrew Lipke).
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
With just his guitar and his voice, Bay Area by way of Mississippi songwriter John Murry played an emotional, powerful set Wednesday night at Non-COMM. Playing an assortment of songs from his current LP The Graceless Age, he also threw … Read More
- Non-COMM Recap: Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside dabble in retro rock (photos, audio, setlist)
- Non-COMM Recap: The late night gets weird with Foxygen (photos, audio, setlist)
Wakin’ on a Pretty Daze, the latest from Philadelphia psych-songwriter Kurt Vile, has generated international acclaim since its March release on Matador Records. And rightfully so; it’s an ambitious double album exploring a plethora of ideas, and doing them all … Read More
- A conversation about books and television with Angel Olsen (playing Union Transfer with Kurt Vile on May 18)
- Unlocked: Bad Braids' Megan Biscieglia's "Songs I Love at the Moment"
The Week So Far: 12 must-read stories on The Key (incl. Bleeding Rainbow, Kurt Vile, Attia Taylor and Pissed Jeans)
Happy Valentine’s Day from Helen Leicht – get free downloads of Philly Local love songs [link] Philly punks Pissed Jeans ravage the Key Studio Sessions [link] Indiepop five-piece Catnaps releases a prom-themed music video for “Novelty” [link] WXPN will broadcast … Read More
- WXPN ramps up for the holidays with Jingle Jams music stream, other special programming
- XPN Philly Local at the Philly Folk Fest: Helen Leicht on her camp stage picks
Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN welcomes Charles Bradley to Union Transfer, Morning River Band at MilkBoy, XPN welcomes Mary Chapin Carpenter to the Keswick Theatre, MAD Dragon Anniversary Concert at The Trocadero
XPN welcomes Charles Bradley to Union Transfer tonight. The “Screaming Eagle of Soul” entertained the crowd during a recent Free at Noon performance with his exuberant showmanship and knock-out funk / R&B songs. Following up his 2011 full-length debut, the … Read More
- Listen to Hoots & Hellmouth, Toy Soldiers, Andrew Lipke from the MAD Dragon 10th anniversary compilation (MAD Dragon concert at the Trocadero
- MAD Dragon Records announces 10th anniversary show at The Troc on May 17 with Cheers Elelphant, Hoots & Hellmouth, releasing compilation
This afternoon, Helen Leicht welcomed Philly folk scene vets Griz (aka Chris Grunwald) and Hezekiah Jones (Rafe Cutrufello) on the air during the Leicht Lunch for an acoustic performance and a chat about their upcoming show at World Cafe Live. … Read More
- Jim Boggia live on The Leicht Lunch At Noon