Tonight features performances by three of the artists in this year’s XPN’s 12 Days Of Local Christmas series: Find Vienna and Scot Sax (of Queen Electric) + Suzie Brown. We originally posted Find Vienna’s track, “Christmas Is In Our Hearts” back on December 8th; Scot Sax and Suzie Brown’s song, “Coming Your Way”, ran on December 15th. You can listen to both below.
Find Vienna performs with Atomic Tom + Lion Of Ido, and Lizbeth Rose at 7:30 p.m.; tickets to the show are $15–$20. Queen Electric performs with Suzie Brown + Van Meter at 9 p.m.; tickets to the 21+ show are $8–$10.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
Listen to the Key Studio Sessions Live with Graham Alexander and Find Vienna at World Cafe Live (12/16/12)
Graham Alexander performed with Find Vienna as part of the fourth Key Studio Session Live concert which kicked off the 2012 Non-COMMvention. Listen here to Graham Alexander’s set. Listen here to the set by Find Vienna. Read More
- Tonight: The Key Studio Sessions LIVE feat. Graham Alexander and Find Vienna at World Cafe Live
- Just Announced: The Key Studio Sessions LIVE feat. Graham Alexander and Find Vienna at World Cafe Live on May 16th
Tonight's Concert Picks: My Bloody Valentine at Electric Factory, Dresses at MilkBoy, Taj Mahal Trio at Grand Opera House, and more
Ethereal alt-rock icons My Bloody Valentine are bringing their elusive melodies and spidery vocals to Electric Factory tonight before they finish up their North American tour in New York. Dropping their anxiously anticipated third full length album mbv in February, … Read More
- Rose Windows warms up the Philly crowd with their haunting vibes
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Local Natives at Electric Factory, Anjuli Josephine at MilkBoy, Alo Brazil at Underground Arts
Scot Sax’s recent rock and roll project Queen Electric debuted a new video for the song “Happy Where You’re At.” The three piece features Sax, Phil D’Agostino and Mike Pietrusko. The band’s self-titled debut EP is available for a “name … Read More
- XPN's 12 Days Of Local Christmas: Scot Sax and Suzie Brown's "Coming Your Way"
- 2011 XPoNential Music Festival Local Spotlight: Queen Electric
Philly singer-songwriter, rock and roller, and the host of Vitamin FM, Scot Sax, has contributed five songs to WXPN’s 885 Greatest Songs of the New Millennium. Scot has some great picks including songs by Outkast, KT Tunstall, former Men At … Read More
- Scot Sax releases "Ridiculous Songs," the most recent offspring of Project Playback
- Listen to episode #3 of Vitamin FM hosted by Scot Sax