Tonight’s Levee Drivers show—previously scheduled to be held at Kung Fu Necktie—has been moved to The Fire. Levee Drivers performs with Zach Zaitlin, Andrew Lipke, and Ron Gallon at 8 p.m. at The Fire; tickets to the 21+ show are $8. You can listen to Andrew Lipke’s recent Key Studio Session here.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
One of Philly’s finest musicians, Andrew Lipke put on a phenomenal free show last past Sunday afternoon, wowing a receptive crowd at the Burlington County Library Auditorium in Westampton, N.J. Backed by both his rock band The Prospects and his … Read More
- Listen to "Head Down Vagabonds," a new track from Philly singer-songwriter Andrew Lipke (playing Kennett Mushroom Festival on 9/7)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Belle and Sebastain and Yo La Tengo at The Mann Center, Los Lobos and Los Lonely Boys at Sands Bethlehem and Many Free Concerts
Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
Mike Bell & The Movies play The Fire tonight. The power pop / punk band out of Philadelphia (featuring members of Algernon Cadwallader and Dangerous Ponies) released a new record called Nothing Works a few weeks ago, following up their Stuck in … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more
Starting off the second season of Root Down in the Shadow’s Cover Club series are Levee Drivers with their version of Chris Kasper‘s “Walking on Water.” The local roots rock band, led by August John Lutz III and featuring steel … Read More
- Download The Key Studio Sessions Vol. 9 (feat. Amanda X, Balance and Composure, Mean Lady and more)
- Levee Drivers release new video for "Bourbon Coated" (XPN welcomes them to The Ardmore Music Hall on 12/29)
Tonight's Concert Picks: Lizanne Knott Philabundance benefit at World Cafe Live, The Phosphenes at The Fire, and Cuddle Magic at Boot and Saddle
Philly’s Lizanne Knott will play a show benefiting Philabundance tonight at World Cafe Live. The longtime local favorite released her last album Standing in the English Rain back in 2012. Featured in indie films, TV movies, and documentaries, Knott’s music is … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Young the Giant at Tower Theater, Evening River Band at The Fire, and Pill Friends at the Trocadero