On Sunday, February 26th, WXPN’s own Helen Leicht will host a Beatles tribute show featuring Scot Sax, Mutlu, Rob Hyman (of the Hooters), Jim Boggia, and more.
Tickets to the 21+ show are $8–$10; all proceeds go to the Ovarian Cancer Organization.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
Lana Del Rey is playing the Skyline Stage at The Mann on Sunday, May 11th. Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 14th at 10AM. In the late summer of 2011, the music interwebs exploded in fascination over Del Rey’s … Read More
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
Central Pennsylvania-bred rockers The Districts are in the middle of a pretty awesome week. On Tuesday, their self-titled EP came out on Fat Possum Records, and they played a pizza-fueled release party at A.K.A. Music in Old City Philadelphia. Tonight, … Read More
- Unlocked: Watch Our Griffins perform "Come and Wake Me Up" acoustic and on the air with WXPN's Helen Leicht
- Listen back to Paul McCartney's interview with WXPN's Helen Leicht
Tonight's Concert Picks: Anjuli Josephine at The Fire for Northern Liberties Winter Music Fest, Railroad Earth at Union Transfer,The Autumn Defense at Boot and Saddle and more
Day four of the Northern Liberties Winter Music Festival ends with the soulful sounds of Anjuli Josephine tonight at The Fire. Shades of pop and blues color the Philadelphia-based singer-songwriter’s catalog. Check out her Key Studio Session from last year … Read More
- Listen to Jason Karaban recorded live on the Leicht Lunch
- Listen to "Close Enough," the debut single from singer-songwriter Katie Frank (playing Kung Fu Necktie tonight)
Shuggie Otis brought his blazing guitar work and sleek R&B flavor to a packed Blockley last night. Weaving through 13 songs, Otis and his seven member backing band the Shuggie Otis Rite had the crowd under their spell for the … Read More
- Listen to Inspiration Information / Wings of Love from Shuggie Otis via NPR's First Listen (playing The Blockley on 8/9)
- Listen to performances by Diego Garcia, Mike Doughty, and Mutlu from WXPN’s 8th Annual Musicians On Call Benefit Concert
Philly singer-songwriter, rock and roller, and the host of Vitamin FM, Scot Sax, has contributed five songs to WXPN’s 885 Greatest Songs of the New Millennium. Scot has some great picks including songs by Outkast, KT Tunstall, former Men At … Read More
- Scot Sax releases "Ridiculous Songs," the most recent offspring of Project Playback
- Listen to episode #3 of Vitamin FM hosted by Scot Sax
Just Announced: The Hooters, The Holmes Brothers, Billy Price will play opening weekend at Ardmore Music Hall
With the fall lineup at the new Ardmore Music Hall taking shape, the opening weekend bash was announced this morning, and it features a full-band hometown set from Philly 80s hitmakers The Hooters on Saturday, September 21st. On opening night … Read More
- Six classic Philly videos from MTV's "Golden Era"
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes ALO to The Blockley, Denison Witmer at Johnny Brenda's, New Sweden at Steel City Coffeehouse, The Hooters with Good Old War at The Electric Factory