Dusdin Condren/Courtesy of the artist
XPN Welcomes Sharon Van Etten + Shearwater to Johnny Brenda’s at 9:15 p.m. Friday, February 10th; tickets to the 21+ show are SOLD OUT. You can listen to Van Etten’s new album, Tramp, via streaming audio at NPR Music.
Also Playing: XPN Welcomes Bruce Hornsby to the Keswick Theatre at 8 p.m. Saturday, February 11th; tickets to the all-ages show are $29.50–$49.50.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
Divers, The Districts, DRGN King and more featured on Tri-State Indie's Lou Reed tribute (12/7 at World Cafe Live)
This Saturday, a tribute to late rock and roll icon Lou Reed at World Cafe Live will raise money for hunger charities MANNA and Philabundance. Today, the event’s organizers – the Philly-based music blog Tri-State Indie – announced the lineup for the show, … Read More
- Watch Halfro cover Jay-Z's "Somewhere in America" (playing Voltage Lounge tomorrow)
- Just Announced: Brandon Boyd and Sons of the Sea to play TLA 1/29
Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes a Tribute to The Last Waltz at The Trocadero, The Menzingers at The Note, Purling Hiss at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Philly musicians from Andrew Lipke to Kevin Hanson and Wesley Stace will honor and recreate The Band’s 1976 farewell show, The Last Waltz, tonight at the Trocadero. The set will include a full performance of the seminal live album (and … Read More
- Photos: Hoots and Hellmouth kicked off tour with night one at Johnny Brenda's
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Hoots and Hellmouth at Johnny Brenda's, Allen Toussaint at Sellersville, GoGo Morrow at Union Transfer
Tonight's Concert Picks: Colin Meloy at the Keswick Theatre, XPN Welcomes Matt Nathanson to the Electric Factory, Far Out Fangtooth at Boot & Saddle and more
Colin Meloy, lead singer of The Decemberists, brings his solo tour to the Keswick Theatre tonight. The Portland, OR musician will be sharing new songs alongside tracks from his extensive catalog during the tour. He’s also supporting a new … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Janelle Monae at the Electric Factory, Colin Hay at Keswick Theatre, Deltron 3030 at the TLA and more
- Just Announced: Josh Ritter to play Keswick Theatre on 2/27
The Walkmen, Sun Ra Arkestra, Sharon Van Etten, Spank Rock and others playing Rail Park Benefit at Union Transfer on 12/4
The Walkmen, Sun Ra Arkestra, Sharon Van Etten, Spank Rock, Light Heat, Jeff Ziegler and Mary Lattimore, Birdie Busch, and the Dufalo Brothers are playing Union Transfer on Wednesday, December 4th. The show is a benefit for Phase One of … Read More
- XPN's Gotta Hear Song Of The Week: Sharon Van Etten and Shearwater cover "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds with Sharon Van Etten to The Keswick Theatre, Shout Out Out Out Out at Kung Fu Necktie
XPN's Gotta Hear Song Of The Week: Sharon Van Etten and Shearwater cover "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"
This week’s Read More
- Listen to Shearwater’s interview and performance on XPN2
- Listen to Animal Joy, the new album by Shearwater (perf. with Sharon Van Etten Feb. 10th at Johnny Brenda's)
Tonight's Concert Picks: Mischief Brew at Underground Arts, The Chairman Dances at MilkBoy, Midge Ure of Ultravox at World Cafe Live, XPN Welcomes Paula Cole at The Sellersville Theater
Carnivalesque folk / punk band Mischief Brew play Underground Arts tonight. Born out of former Orphans front-man Erik Petersen’s basement, the local rockers released Rhapsody for Knives in 2012, an EP comprised of three songs that were not included on 2011′s … Read More
- The Week's Best MP3 Downloads, incl. Chill Moody, BOY, Matt Pond
- Tonight's Concert Picks: The David Wax Museum at Johnny Brenda's, Neil Young at The Wells Fargo Center, High on Fire at Union Transfer, Passion Pit at The Electric Factory, Zilla Rocca at World Cafe Live