The Magnetic Fields are currently touring in support of the band’s new album, Love At The Bottom Of The Sea, released earlier this week on Merge Records. You can watch the (kind of NSFW) video for the single “Andrew In Drag” below.
WXPN Welcomes The Magnetic Fields and Bachelorette at 8:30 p.m. at Union Transfer; tickets to the all-ages show are SOLD OUT.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
Quirky upstate New York four-piece Foxygen got crazy in a late-night Non-COMM set yesterday that blended Doors-esque poppy psychedelia with punk-y dissonance. Check out the setlist below, and listen back to the set in its entirety here (via the WXPN … Read More
- Watch Surgeon perform "Greed" at Garage Mahal (playing Johnny Brenda's on Sunday)
- A conversation on A Pretty Daze with Philadelphia's Kurt Vile (headlining Union Transfer tomorrow)
With just his guitar and his voice, Bay Area by way of Mississippi songwriter John Murry played an emotional, powerful set Wednesday night at Non-COMM. Playing an assortment of songs from his current LP The Graceless Age, he also threw … Read More
- Non-COMM Recap: Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside dabble in retro rock (photos, audio, setlist)
- Non-COMM Recap: The late night gets weird with Foxygen (photos, audio, setlist)
The Magnetic Fields’ new album, Love At The Bottom of The Sea, is being released Tuesday, March 6th. On the band’s 10th album, NPR Music’s Stephen Thompson writes that the band “circles back to the band’s early sound, shifting back to … Read More
- This Week's Contest: Win a pair of tickets to see Strange Powers at Cinema 16:9
Tonight's Concert Picks: Mischief Brew at Underground Arts, The Chairman Dances at MilkBoy, Midge Ure of Ultravox at World Cafe Live, XPN Welcomes Paula Cole at The Sellersville Theater
Carnivalesque folk / punk band Mischief Brew play Underground Arts tonight. Born out of former Orphans front-man Erik Petersen’s basement, the local rockers released Rhapsody for Knives in 2012, an EP comprised of three songs that were not included on 2011′s … Read More
- The Week's Best MP3 Downloads, incl. Chill Moody, BOY, Matt Pond
- Tonight's Concert Picks: The David Wax Museum at Johnny Brenda's, Neil Young at The Wells Fargo Center, High on Fire at Union Transfer, Passion Pit at The Electric Factory, Zilla Rocca at World Cafe Live