The Magnetic Fields are currently touring in support of the band’s new album, Love At The Bottom Of The Sea, released earlier this week on Merge Records. You can watch the (kind of NSFW) video for the single “Andrew In Drag” below.
WXPN Welcomes The Magnetic Fields and Bachelorette at 8:30 p.m. at Union Transfer; tickets to the all-ages show are SOLD OUT.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Last Thursday, The Wonder Years dropped by Lancaster’s Chameleon Club to kick off their U.S. spring tour along with Philly’s Modern Baseball, midwestern crew Citizen, and Detroit’s Fireworks. Never having been to a pop-punk show before, everyone assured me that … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
- Lana Del Rey playing Skyline Stage at The Mann on May 11th
The Magnetic Fields’ new album, Love At The Bottom of The Sea, is being released Tuesday, March 6th. On the band’s 10th album, NPR Music’s Stephen Thompson writes that the band “circles back to the band’s early sound, shifting back to … Read More
- This Week's Contest: Win a pair of tickets to see Strange Powers at Cinema 16:9
Tonight's Concert Picks: Mischief Brew at Underground Arts, The Chairman Dances at MilkBoy, Midge Ure of Ultravox at World Cafe Live, XPN Welcomes Paula Cole at The Sellersville Theater
Carnivalesque folk / punk band Mischief Brew play Underground Arts tonight. Born out of former Orphans front-man Erik Petersen’s basement, the local rockers released Rhapsody for Knives in 2012, an EP comprised of three songs that were not included on 2011′s … Read More
- The Week's Best MP3 Downloads, incl. Chill Moody, BOY, Matt Pond
- Tonight's Concert Picks: The David Wax Museum at Johnny Brenda's, Neil Young at The Wells Fargo Center, High on Fire at Union Transfer, Passion Pit at The Electric Factory, Zilla Rocca at World Cafe Live