British indie-pop group Fanfarlo is currently touring behind its sophomore full-length, Rooms Filled With Light; you can watch the video for Replicate below. Fanfarlo performs with Young Man at 8:30 p.m. at Union Transfer; tickets to the all-ages show are $15.
Also Playing: Reef The Lost Cauze + Max Burgundy, Rone, Zilla Rocca at Milkboy Philly (9 p.m., 21+, $10–$12); Music For Headphones +The Foreign Resort, Faux Slang at Inciting HQ (8 p.m., all ages, $8); Narrows + Native, Ladder Devils at Kung Fu Necktie (8 p.m., 21+, $10)
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
It’s going to be a good night for new projects from the regional punk scene. At Boot And Saddle, the band Thrills – the side project of Vacationer’s Michael Mullen that we told you about last month – makes its … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
Lana Del Rey is playing the Skyline Stage at The Mann on Sunday, May 11th. Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 14th at 10AM. In the late summer of 2011, the music interwebs exploded in fascination over Del Rey’s … Read More
- Broken Bells, Au Revoir Simone play to an enchanted crowd at the Trocadero
- Surrealist singer-songwriter Robyn Hitchcock takes the Sellersville Theater on a trip through the randomizer
For The Key’s year-in-review, we asked our trusted sources – our writers and photographers, XPN’s on-air staff, fellow bloggers in the Philly scene and even a few musicians – to send us their Top Five Whatevers. Could be the traditional … Read More
- Just Announced: Fanfarlo playing Johnny Brenda's in November
Philly space rockers The War on Drugs are often seen as unsmiling, super-serious vibe-wranglers. But they’re actually pretty funny dudes. When they’re not getting the candid long-form profile treatment in Grantland or crafting records full of dramatic atmospheres (Lost in … Read More
- Locals mewithoutYou and LA's Touche Amore bring the energy to Union Transfer
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more