From NPR Music:
Joan Osborne has just returned to the national stage with an album of her favorite blues and R&B songs, Bring It On Home. The collection, co-produced with guitarist Jack Petruzzelli, features tracks made famous by Muddy Waters, Ray Charles, Al Green andOtis Redding.
Osborne offered her interpretations of these classic cuts during a webcast from World Cafe Live in Philadelphia on Friday, April 6.
You can listen to the performance in its entirety here.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
To celebrate the release of its new album Old Evil, Broken Beak (aka Beau Brynes) heads to PhilaMOCA tonight for a hometown show. Centered around simple acoustic arrangements, Brynes’ songs are marked by a trail of quiet, unassuming beauty. Listen … Read More
- Lana Del Rey playing Skyline Stage at The Mann on May 11th
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
On Friday, January 24th a stripped down Pixies performed during a sold out Free At Noon. The band, in town playing a sold out show at the Electric Factory, played a nine song set of tunes both old and new, … Read More
- Elizabeth and the Catapult took the performance to the upstairs stage for Free at Noon
- Sam Roberts Band amped up the Philly crowd at today's Free at Noon
Tonight's Concert Picks: Purling Hiss with Spacin' at Johnny Brenda's, Glitter at World Cafe Live, Restorations at the First Unitarian Church, They Might Be Giants at The TLA, Meek Mill at The Tower Theater and more
Local rockers Purling Hiss celebrate the release of Water On Mars at Johnny Brenda’s tonight. The new LP is the trio’s major label debut (through Drag City) and presents the bristly lo-fi guitar rock of previous releases in a more … Read More
- Joan Osborne to perform a Free At Noon concert at World Cafe Live Friday, April 6th
- The Philadelphia Orchestra to play Beatles classics with Joan Osborne and Rodney Crowell at The Mann on June 30th
Pearl Jam releases their new album, Lightning Bolt, on Tuesday, October 15th. You can listen to it now in its entirety on the Pearl Jam artist page here via iTunes. Today, NPR Music premieres a video – and World Cafe, … Read More
- Song premiere: "Gimme" by Beck
- Watch Vampire Weekend live in concert from NPR Music
Folk-pop singer-songwriter Mark Mulcahy (ex-Miracle Legion) will reflect on life, love, and loss through his music tonight at World Cafe Live. His eight year hiatus following the tragic loss of his wife ended last year with the release of Dear … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lizanne Knott Philabundance benefit at World Cafe Live, The Phosphenes at The Fire, and Cuddle Magic at Boot and Saddle
- Anthrax mouthpiece Scott Ian brings spoken word to World Cafe Live