Dar Williams performs at 8 p.m. Friday, May 11th, at World Cafe Live At The Queen; tickets to the all-ages show are $31-$41.
Regina Spektor performs with Only Son at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 12th, at Tower Theatre; tickets to the all-ages show are $36-$74.
Ingrid Michaelson performs with Scars On 45 at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, May 12th, at Electric Factory; tickets to the all-ages show are SOLD OUT.
M. Ward performs with Lee Ranaldo Band at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, May 12th, at Union Transfer; tickets to the all-ages show are $22-$25.
Esperanza Spalding performs at 8 p.m. Sunday, May 13th, at Electric Factory; tickets to the all-ages show are $30.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
The Swollen Fox has announced a special 3-year anniversary concert at PhilaMOCA on July 11th with TJ Kong & the Atomic Bomb, Swift Technique and Shark Tape. Since its beginnings, the local music blog has diligently and thoroughly covered Philadelphia … Read More
- Watch Tin Bird Choir perform WXPN's lunchtime buskers' series at The Porch at 30th Street Station
- Contest: Win a pair of tickets to see Patty Griffin at The Kimmel Center on June 6th
Free Energy will play the North Star Bar on May 4th with Deap Vally [link] Local rapper Mic Stewart releasing PEACEWORLD on April 23rd, shares his new video for “I’m Not From Brooklyn” [link] Moon Palace takes part in this week’s Folkadelphia Session, recording a … Read More
- Bryn Mawr Twilight Concerts announces Summer series lineup; highlights include Dar Williams, Steve Forbert, and Stephen Kellogg
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Six Organs of Admittance at Johnny Brenda's, XPN Welcomes Dar Williams to Tin Angel, Pink Martini at Keswick
After quickly selling-out their Union Transfer date last month, Local Natives have announced another U.S. leg that brings them back to Philadelphia with openers Wild Nothing for a show at the Electric Factory on September 28th. The California indie rockers … Read More
- Listen to a live excerpt from Rodrigo y Gabriela's new album (playing the Electric Factory on 8/2)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes ALO to The Blockley, Denison Witmer at Johnny Brenda's, New Sweden at Steel City Coffeehouse, The Hooters with Good Old War at The Electric Factory
For more photos by Eric Ashleigh, visit eashleigh.com. Read More
- The Roots Picnic date and lineup announced
Tonight's Concert Picks: Ingrid Michaelson at World Cafe Live at the Queen, Daniel Bachman at Little Berlin, Arrah and the Ferns as Black Sabbath at The Fire, Jess Klein at Burlap and Bean
XPN welcomes Ingrid Michaelson’s continuing tour in support of Human Again, released back in January, to World Cafe Live at The Queen. The New York singer-songwriter will be performing acoustic on this leg of the tour, tickets to the all-ages … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Turning Violet Violet, Greg Laswell, Childish Gambino w/ Danny Brown & Wigwams
- Just announced: Ingrid Michaelson to play at Electric Factory on May 12th
Last night at Austin’s Paramount Theater, an all-star cast of indie / alt-rock luminaries – from M. Ward, to The Replacements’ Tommy Stinson, to Wilco’s Pat Sansone and R.E.M.’s Peter Buck – gathered to pay tribute to Big Star‘s Third, … Read More
- Listen to new M. Ward song "Primitive Girl" (WXPN Welcomes him to Union Transfer in May)
- Watch the new video for "The First Time I Ran Away" by M. Ward (performing at Union Transfer on May 12)