Dar Williams performs at 8 p.m. Friday, May 11th, at World Cafe Live At The Queen; tickets to the all-ages show are $31-$41.
Regina Spektor performs with Only Son at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 12th, at Tower Theatre; tickets to the all-ages show are $36-$74.
Ingrid Michaelson performs with Scars On 45 at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, May 12th, at Electric Factory; tickets to the all-ages show are SOLD OUT.
M. Ward performs with Lee Ranaldo Band at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, May 12th, at Union Transfer; tickets to the all-ages show are $22-$25.
Esperanza Spalding performs at 8 p.m. Sunday, May 13th, at Electric Factory; tickets to the all-ages show are $30.
About the author
Philadelphia: Home to a rich musical history, a unique musical identity, and one of the nation's most thriving musical communities. In a scene filled with so many local bands worth listening to, there will always be new music to discover—and The Key is your source for finding it. Brought to you by WXPN—the non-commercial public radio station that World Cafe, XPN2, and XPoNential Music Festival call home—The Key covers all local music in Greater Philly and beyond. View all posts by The Key →
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Tonight’s Concert Picks: DRGN King at Johnny Brenda's, The Whisky Gentry at MilkBoy, Adrien Reju at Kennett Flash and more
Like a punkier Philly version of TV On the Radio, indie-rock quartet DRGN King headlines Johnny Brenda’s tonight. Though the group hasn’t released anything new since 2013′s Paragraph Nights, they’ve been more than active playing at festivals, recording a Daytrotter … Read More
- The Week So Far: 13 must-read stories on The Key (incl. PIFA, Kurt Vile and Kate Nash)
- Bryn Mawr Twilight Concerts announces Summer series lineup; highlights include Dar Williams, Steve Forbert, and Stephen Kellogg
Flogging Molly have been making celtic punk cool for nearly 15 years and tonight they’re taking the Electric Factory stage on their annual Green 17 Tour. For the 10th year in a row, the LA natives will play a bunch … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Matt Nathanson at Musicians On Call Benefit at World Cafe Live, Teen Men at Boot and Saddle, Mo Lowda and The Humble at the TLA and more
- Galactic and Charles Bradley bring a funk / soul feast to the Electric Factory
For more photos by Eric Ashleigh, visit eashleigh.com. Read More
- The Roots Picnic date and lineup announced
Singer-songwriter Ingrid Michaelson releases her new album, Lights Out on April 15th, and plays the Electric Factory on Friday, May 30th. In advance of the release of Michaelson’s new album, she’s offering a five song sampler as a pay-what-you-wish download. … Read More
- Gotta Hear Song of the Week: "Girls Chase Boys" by Ingrid Michaelson
- Just Announced: Ingrid Michaelson returns to the Electric Factory on 5/30
Last night at Austin’s Paramount Theater, an all-star cast of indie / alt-rock luminaries – from M. Ward, to The Replacements’ Tommy Stinson, to Wilco’s Pat Sansone and R.E.M.’s Peter Buck – gathered to pay tribute to Big Star‘s Third, … Read More
- Listen to new M. Ward song "Primitive Girl" (WXPN Welcomes him to Union Transfer in May)
- Watch the new video for "The First Time I Ran Away" by M. Ward (performing at Union Transfer on May 12)