The Roanoke, Virginia band Eternal Summers are releasing their new album, Correct Behavior on July 24th on Kanine Records. The band are playing at Milkboy Philly on Friday, June 15th with Bedroom Problems and Catnaps. Listen to a new Eternal Summers song, “Millions,” below. The song recently was named Best New Track by Pitchfork. Go here for tickets and more information about the show.
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
- WXPN Welcomes Conor Oberst to Union Transfer on May 21st
XPN Welcomes Conor Oberst to Union Transfer on Wednesday, May 21st, a day after he releases his new album, Upside Down Mountain. The country flavored collection of songs is Oberst’s first record for Nonesuch, and was produced by Jonathan Wilson. … Read More
- Modest Mouse playing SteelStacks summer concert series
- Lana Del Rey playing Skyline Stage at The Mann on May 11th
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
This week, the latest issue of upstart local music mag JUMP Philly hits the streets, and tonight the staff takes to the XPN2 airwaves. Publisher G.W. Miller and a group of the magazine’s writers and photographers join me at 8 … Read More
- The Worst Six Songs You'll Hear About Being Single In Your Thirties
Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Philly art-pop outfit Auctioneer headlines Johnny Brenda’s tonight. Singer and songwriter Craig Hendrix is in the midst of working on a new album – in between his stint playing keyboards in bands like Birdie Busch and The Greatest Night – … Read More
- Band on the Brink: Eternal Summers talk Kombucha, DIY, and why they feel the scene owes them nothing
- Get lost behind footage with Eternal Summers on their new video