Perennial pop-punk band MxPx brought its 20th anniversary tour to The Trocadero this past Saturday night, and joining them onstage was Philly’s own Joe Gennaro, aka Joe Jack Talcum of The Dead Milkmen. Check out this fan video of the speechless band rocking out an enthusiastic rendition of the Milkmen classic “Punk Rock Girl” with Joe on vocals, sounding fun as ever.
Will the real New Order please stand up. Peter Hook, the bassist from New Order and Joy Division won’t be out on tour with New Order this summer when they play The Mann in July, but Hook and his band … Read More
- Say What? Souls Of Mischief playing Underground Arts on June 27
- Watch Cold Fronts signing to Warner Brothers / Sire Records via Vine
Watch Low Cut Connie perform two pop-up shows in Chicago (playing Appel Farm on 6/1 and Underground Arts on 8/3)
Local saloon-style rock band Low Cut Connie found themselves at the center of attention in a Chicago bowling alley a few weeks ago after getting a call from President Obama’s media staff. Fans of Low Cut Connie, campaign staffers Mia … Read More
- Non-COMM Recap: The Relatives wrap up the show with gospel harmonies (photos)
- Non-COMM Recap: Jose James brought smooth sounds to the World Cafe Live stage (photos)
Has it really been 20 years since the hip-hop group Souls of Mischief released their classic 93 ’til Infinity? It sure has. Not familiar? Well, don’t be so quick to run to iTunes for the record. Sadly, you won’t find … Read More
- Watch Low Cut Connie perform two pop-up shows in Chicago (playing Appel Farm on 6/1 and Underground Arts on 8/3)
- Scottish garage rockers Paws playing a free show at Morgan's Pier on 6/12
Next Monday, Joe Jack Talcum – the guitarist and co-songwriter behind iconic Philly punk satarists The Dead Milkmen – celebrates his 50th birthday. His friends, however, are a few steps ahead of him. Yeasterday, the tribute album Now You Are … Read More
- Vintage Kicks release new single for "Bad News Broski" (playing The Level Room on Friday)
Fans who spent Halloween at Union Transfer with The Dead Milkmen may have been wondering what that Christmas song was the Philly band played and where they can get a copy. Well, the answers are here: “Big Words Make the Baby … Read More
- Listen to Rodney Anonymous' remix of the old Dead Milkmen song "Belafonte's Inferno"
- Tonight's Halloween Concert Picks: The Spinto Band at Johnny Brenda's, The Dead Milkmen at Union Transfer, A Tribute to Halloween at The Fire, Kuf Knotz's BoomBox Collective at World Cafe Live