Raphel Cutrufello and the collection of Philadelphia folk musicians who go by the nom de plume Hezekiah Jones play tonight at World Cafe Live. The jammin’ crew was part of Weathervane Music’s Shaking Through series in March of last year, curated by WXPN’s Bruce Warren, when they recorded their song “Borrowed Heart”; check out the episode below. Griz (who just played at Haddon Lake Park on Wednesday with Mike Doughty) is performing a set, and Philly favorites Cheers Elephant round out the bill. This phenomenal line-up of bands starts this evening at 8 p.m. at World Cafe Live in Philadelphia. You can buy advance tickets to the show here.
Diane Cluck has long been a treasured songwriter for those of us who are in the know. With Boneset, her first album in eight years, I hope those of us in the know will outnumber those of us who are … Read More
- Dream pop duo Lockets introduce new vocalist Catie Parker with cover of Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball"
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with The Hooligans on a special Leicht Lunch at Noon on 3/17
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
They may have moved almost 3000 miles away last year to be in sunny Los Angeles, but Cheers Elephant were born and bred in Philadelphia and we still love them. They make it easy to do so with their infectious … Read More
- Watch Cheers Elephant perform "Airliner" for Out of Town Films
- Review: Cheers Elephant's "farewell for now" and Kopecky Family Band's return to town is a winning ticket
Tonight's Concert Picks: Swearin' at Golden Tea House, The Interest Group at Boot & Saddle, Vikesh Kapoor at Kung Fu Necktie, and more
Swearin’ is throwing its record release show for their new album Surfing Strange. Gaining popularity in the underground scene, the punk four piece is known for shout-along lyrics, multiple vocalists, and raging guitar hooks – something you also hear on its 2012 … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Les Professionnels at Milkboy, Tanlines at Union Transfer, Honeychurch at Puck, Other Lives at Johnny Brenda's, Temple University ALS Benefit at the Palombaro
- Photo Recap: Friday at Philadelphia Folk Fest with Mason Porter, Pokey La Farge and more
Tonight’s Concert Picks: 90s tribute with Ali Wadsworth, Hezekiah Jones, Foxhound at Boot & Saddle, Amy Correia at Steel City Coffee House, Into It. Over It. at Union Transfer and more
Flannel shirts and ripped jeans are making a comeback tonight at Boot & Saddle’s 90s tribute with Philly folk artists Ali Wadsworth, Hezekiah Jones and Foxhound. Wadsworth, who released her soulful, twangy 10-piece self-debuted album in October, will tap into her … Read More
- Ali Wadsworth, Hezekiah Jones and Foxhound perform albums from the 90s at Boot & Saddle on 2/22
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes a Tribute to The Last Waltz at The Trocadero, The Menzingers at The Note, Purling Hiss at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Last month Creepoid premiered the first single, “Sunday,” from its upcoming self-titled album on No Idea Records. Here’s the video for it, and it’s quite laid back for what we’ve seen from the band in the past. Despite the album … Read More
- Shaking Through kick-off party brings The So So Glos, Lushlife and Torres to Johnny Brenda's on 3/1
- Cayetana will live stream its Shaking Through session this weekend