On the heels of releasing their long-awaited Wu-Tang Pulp project, Philly rappers Zilla Rocca and Curly Castro of The Wrecking Crew sat down with the folks at Rhymestreet.com to talk about the method behind the album’s madness, share some thoughts on the state of hip-hop, and perform for the cameras at The Arts Garage. Check out the video below.
Tonight's Concert Picks: Cults at The TLA, Communion Club Night featuring Rosco Bandana at Underground Arts, Myrrias at Ortliebs and more
Indie-pop duo Cults will take to the TLA stage tonight. The New York natives released their sophomore album Static in October on Columbia Records and it has impressed fans and critics. Bullet Magazine recently included “So Far” from the new … Read More
- My Morning Download: "Bourbon Coated (Key Studio Session)" by Levee Drivers (playing Kung Fu Necktie 12/6)
- Stream Has-Lo's hypnotic new track "Exhale"
You might say the emergence of local trio The Late Saints was a matter of fate. Jacopo de Nicola, guitarist, kazoo player and leader of the self-styled “Italian gypsy folk” band was born in Italy and originally trained as a bass player. … Read More
- Interview: Red Baraat's Sunny Jain on throwing down for all walks of life (playing Free at Noon today, The Blockley tonight)
- Listen to Lushlife's Raj Haldar talk about the Toynbee Suite on WXPN, download the song
My Morning Download: "Bourbon Coated (Key Studio Session)" by Levee Drivers (playing Kung Fu Necktie 12/6)
Today’s My Morning Download comes from this week’s Key Studio Session with Bucks Country roots-rockers Levee Drivers. This Friday night, December 6th, the band celebrate the release of its new EP, Speakin’ Bourbon Coated Blues, at Kung Fu Necktie with … Read More
- Listen to Cheers Elephant's majestic cover of "Mountains" by Sparklehorse
- Listen to Kwesi K's Daytrotter session (playing Melodies Cafe, Ardmore on 12/20)
This week’s Key Studio Session brought local MC Curly Castro into the studio. The exceptionally expansive session of six tracks and six banter breaks bridges the duality of modern day hip hop: Castro has the rare ability to be both hype … Read More
- The Key Studio Sessions: Curly Castro
- A UK production duo, an Atlanta experimental band and two Philly rappers make "Machina"
Local rapper/producer Zilla Rocca released a new video for “17 Days in VA”, a track from his new Neo Noir mixtape. We’ve followed Zilla for a while here on The Key, but to bring you up to speed, he’s the … Read More
- Premiere: Zilla Rocca and Dewey Decibel's art-rap collaboration "Chic-O-Stic" (Dewey Decibel art exhibit opens Friday in South Philly)
- Free Download: "Success Is Invisible" from Zilla Rocca's new #NeoNoir project