Philadelphia DJ King Britt just released a new track, “Copper Speaks to Flesh,” as a free download on Soundcloud. The track, which is part of a “Sound Sculptures” exhibition going on throughout Philadelphia, was created to accompany Jim Sanborn’s Ars Mendedi sculpture in the Sidney and Ethal Lubert Plaza off Walnut Street. “Sound Sculptures” is an interactive art project sponsored by the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority’s Percent for Art program that allows observers to listen to different accompanying sound pieces at physical locations of art throughout the city using mp3 players, cell phones and smartphones. King Britt, whose next album The Bee and the Stamen is scheduled for release October 16th, will be performing this Sunday at the Data Garden Switched-On Garden Show 002 at Bartram’s Garden in West Philly. Download “Copper Speaks to Flesh” below.
The Swollen Fox has announced a special 3-year anniversary concert at PhilaMOCA on July 11th with TJ Kong & the Atomic Bomb, Swift Technique and Shark Tape. Since its beginnings, the local music blog has diligently and thoroughly covered Philadelphia … Read More
- Watch Tin Bird Choir perform WXPN's lunchtime buskers' series at The Porch at 30th Street Station
- Contest: Win a pair of tickets to see Patty Griffin at The Kimmel Center on June 6th
The guys of Market East clearly have a thing for the warmer months of the year. There was “Marielle,” the rhapsody over cherry red lips and beach afternoons that opens their debut EP (check it out performed for Out of … Read More
- My Morning Download: "Falling" by Little Children
- My Morning Download: "The Valley" by The Oh Hellos
This tasty new set tripped down the Daytrotter wire today; backed by a DJ and a handy cache of moody, evocative beats, up-and-coming Philly rapper Grande Marshall released a session that’s available as streaming and downloadable audio for members. He … Read More
- Listen to a new Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros song, "Better Days" (playing XPoNential Music Festival in July)
- The Key Studio Sessions: Market East
Local folks including Ape School, Tadoma and King Britt – as well as outside-Philly names Benoît Pioulard and Lymbyc System – tried their hand at remixing Arc In Round‘s layered and heavy debut LP in the new ::::remixed:::: collection, available … Read More
- Watch a video of King Britt's Switched-On Garden set; download his tracks for remixing
- Free Download: King Britt remixes Arc In Round's "Spirit"
Philly art-pop seven-piece Grandchildren is taking it easy a for a bit – their sophomore album Golden Age doesn’t come out until May, and the only shows on their agenda between now and then are two gallery appearances in Brooklyn … Read More
- Listen to a new Eskimeaux track, "Trinkets" (playing Moviate on 11/13)
- Gritty garage rockers Purling Hiss to release live cassette on 10/30