New York indie trio Yellow Ostrich is offering a free download for the title track of their forthcoming album, Ghost, which is set for release October 22nd. Yellow Ostrich, originally a solo project by Alex Schaaf, morphed into a duo before the release of its debut record, The Mistress. By the time their sophomore album, Strange Land, came out in May, Schaaf and drummer Michael Tapper picked up Jon Natchez of The Antlers and Beirut as well. Yellow Ostrich will be playing at Kung Fu Necktie on October 26th; tickets for the 21+ show can be found here. Grab your download in exchange for your email address in the player below.
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Hailing from pastoral Bucks County, Jeremiah Tall has equal access to the city and countryside, and you can totally hear it in his music. On the one hand, it’s very roots / Americana-centric – not unlike his neighbors Levee Drivers … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Marah, Auctioneer, Katie Frank & the Pheromones and more
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
The members of Beirut had enough instruments on stage last night for a high-school marching band. If an inattentive concert goer wasn’t watching the band on stage, it would have been easy to mistake the folky, world-pop sextet for a … Read More
- Tonight: XPN Welcomes Trombone Shorty at Union Transfer and Beirut at the Electric Factory
- Weekend Picks: Noel Gallagher at The Academy Of Music, Kurt Vile at Union Transfer, Beirut at Electric Factory
Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
Mike Bell & The Movies play The Fire tonight. The power pop / punk band out of Philadelphia (featuring members of Algernon Cadwallader and Dangerous Ponies) released a new record called Nothing Works a few weeks ago, following up their Stuck in … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more