Last week, Ben Gibbard (or Benjamin, if you prefer) performed with The Roots as his backing band on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Watch “Oh Woe” below, and go here for more information on Gibbard’s upcoming performance at The Keswick Theatre on November 7.
Last Saturday night at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden Community College in Blackwood, N.J., folk-rockers Cowboy Junkies took center stage. Playing to a one-third-full auditorium did nothing to diminish the quintet’s performance, and Margo Timmins’ vocals were stunning, despite … Read More
- Electronic rockers Liars playing Underground Arts on May 7th
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
Singer-songwriter Amelia White cut her teeth on Boston’s folk music scene before moving to Nashville over a decade ago. White has said her new album, Old Postcard, is about “home and family” as inspiration. She’s got a rich and husky … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
Neil Young recently released the sprawling rock record Psychedelic Pill with Crazy Horse. Young plays this Thursday evening, November 29th at the Wells Fargo Center with Patti Smith opening. There’s no hiding our love for Neil so as we ramp … Read More
- Ben Gibbard loosens up at The Keswick Theater (review, setlist)
- Listen to a new song by Benjamin Gibbard, "Something's Rattling (Cowpoke)" (playing the Keswick in Novermber)
Tonight's Concert Picks: Nas and Lauryn Hill at The Electric Factory, Benjamin Gibbard at The Keswick Theatre, The Fleeting Ends at The Fire
New York rapper Nas brings his Life is Good tour to The Electric Factory tonight for a show with Lauryn Hill. The legendary lyricist released his seventh and critically acclaimed studio album in July, following up 2010′s Distant Relatives collaboration … Read More
- Watch a new video for Benjamin Gibbard's "Teardrop Windows" (playing The Keswick Theatre on 11/7)
Blues rocker Jonny Lang drew a large crowd for his Free At Noon performance on World Cafe Live’s stage. Giving a taste of his soul deep within, Lang played a set that drew from his new CD Fight for My Soul … Read More
- Recap: Celebrating the past and looking to the future with Lucinda Williams at The Keswick Theater
- Just Announced: Colin Meloy of The Decemberists to Play Solo at The Keswick Theater on 11/2