Philly-based jazz-pop artist Anjuli Josephine has released a catchy new single, “Can’t Keep Up” this month alongside its sister track, “Words To Say This.” The soulful Canadian born singer-songwriter, who easily draws comparison to artists like Regina Spektor and KT Tunstall, has been enjoying success playing the local circuit over the last two months and is currently at work on her debut album. Josephine will be playing at The Fire Friday, November 2nd; details for the 21+ show are available here. Check out “Can’t Keep Up” below.
Lana Del Rey is playing the Skyline Stage at The Mann on Sunday, May 11th. Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 14th at 10AM. In the late summer of 2011, the music interwebs exploded in fascination over Del Rey’s … Read More
- Broken Bells, Au Revoir Simone play to an enchanted crowd at the Trocadero
- Surrealist singer-songwriter Robyn Hitchcock takes the Sellersville Theater on a trip through the randomizer
This week on Unlocked, The Key got the full scoop on Counting Your Curses by Katie Frank & The Pheromones. It’s the debut full-length from the local roots rock outfit, and you can download a track from it called “Halfway Gone” … Read More
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
- Indie Rock Hit Parade Live Session: Milagres
Creepoid has always kept an eye peering down the tunnel that doesn’t have a light at the end of it. “Baptism,” the second single from the band’s forthcoming self-titled full-length LP, has a spiraling riff that drags you through the … Read More
- Premiere: Mock Suns blaze new paths with "As It Is; As It Was"
- Beat guru Moon Bounce releases the galactic "Shake"
Tonight's Concert Picks: Anjuli Josephine at The Fire for Northern Liberties Winter Music Fest, Railroad Earth at Union Transfer,The Autumn Defense at Boot and Saddle and more
Day four of the Northern Liberties Winter Music Festival ends with the soulful sounds of Anjuli Josephine tonight at The Fire. Shades of pop and blues color the Philadelphia-based singer-songwriter’s catalog. Check out her Key Studio Session from last year … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Hurry at Boot and Saddle, Anjuli Josephine at Tin Angel, A Fistful of Sugar at World Cafe Live and more
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Local Natives at Electric Factory, Anjuli Josephine at MilkBoy, Alo Brazil at Underground Arts
All photos by Chris Sikich | countfeed.tumblr.com On Friday night, singer/songwriter KT Tunstall and her one-woman live band wowed a rare Union Transfer seated audience at the early show. Showcasing her stellar 2013 album Invisible Empire / Crescent Moon, her … Read More
- KT Tunstall releasing new album in August, playing Union Transfer in September
- This Weekend's Concert Picks: Young Prisms, Kurt Vile + Purling Hiss, KT Tunstall, The Hooters
Tonight: David Dye hosts Regina Spektor live in concert from NPR Music and Le Poisson Rouge in New York
Tonight at 10 p.m. Regina Spektor will perform a concert presented by NPR Music from Le Poisson Rouge in New York. The show will be hosted by World Cafe’s David Dye and Rita Houston of WFUV and will be broadcast … Read More
- This Weekend: XPN Welcomes Dar Williams, Regina Spektor, Ingrid Michaelson, M. Ward, Esperanza Spalding
- WXPN Welcomes Regina Spektor to the Tower Theatre on Saturday, May 12th