Making up for their canceled Electric Factory appearance from this fall, Philly faves The Walkmen just announced they would kick off their winter tour with an appearance at Union Transfer. Ticket on-sale information will be available soon, through the venue’s website. Below, stream the limited edition 7″ the band will have available on tour.
They may have moved almost 3000 miles away last year to be in sunny Los Angeles, but Cheers Elephant were born and bred in Philadelphia and we still love them. They make it easy to do so with their … Read More
- Bondage & Discipline are dark and romantic on debut single "Only Your Love"
- Tonight's Concert Picks: The Sixties at Milkboy, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
This week is the SXSW music conference in Austin, Texas – something you pretty much can’t miss if you frequent the music blogosphere. But if you’re staying home in Philly and find yourself scrolling through photos and tweets about amazing … Read More
- Just announced: A double dose of Phish at the Mann in July
- WXPN Welcomes Conor Oberst to Union Transfer on May 21st
Photos: The Walkmen, Sun Ra Arkestra, Spank Rock and more played Union Transfer to raise money for The Rail Park
Lest it be overlooked amid all the (well-deserved) attention paid to their final show, The Walkmen were just one of about nine acts on the stage at Union Transfer last Wednesday, from Spank Rock to Sun Ra Arkestra, all of … Read More
- Indie rockers to pay tribute to The Byrds' Gene Clark at Union Transfer on January 22nd
- The Walkmen are going on "extreme hiatus" according to bassist Peter Bauer
Philly space rockers The War on Drugs are often seen as unsmiling, super-serious vibe-wranglers. But they’re actually pretty funny dudes. When they’re not getting the candid long-form profile treatment in Grantland or crafting records full of dramatic atmospheres (Lost in … Read More
- Locals mewithoutYou and LA's Touche Amore bring the energy to Union Transfer
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more