We’ve been following up-and-coming Philly-via-Michigan rapper Gilbere Forte for a bit now, so we were psyched to see his latest video pop up on Okayplayer.com yesterday. It’s called “Pray,” it’s based around a total earworm of a vocal hook from Fiona Apple’s “Every Single Night” and features a stunning video shot in verdant locations in some picturesque corner of the world. Check it out below.
The Swollen Fox has announced a special 3-year anniversary concert at PhilaMOCA on July 11th with TJ Kong & the Atomic Bomb, Swift Technique and Shark Tape. Since its beginnings, the local music blog has diligently and thoroughly covered Philadelphia … Read More
- Watch Tin Bird Choir perform WXPN's lunchtime buskers' series at The Porch at 30th Street Station
- Contest: Win a pair of tickets to see Patty Griffin at The Kimmel Center on June 6th
This tasty new set tripped down the Daytrotter wire today; backed by a DJ and a handy cache of moody, evocative beats, up-and-coming Philly rapper Grande Marshall released a session that’s available as streaming and downloadable audio for members. He … Read More
- Listen to a new Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros song, "Better Days" (playing XPoNential Music Festival in July)
- The Key Studio Sessions: Market East
Tonight's Concert Picks: Dave Matthews Band, Fiona Apple, Hezekiah Jones, and Motion City Soundtrack
The second night of the Dave Matthews Band’s‘s residency is tonight at the Susquehanna Bank Center. After an incredible performance last night along with Brandi Carlile, tonight they do it again but with Head and the Heart opening. Another show … Read More
- Watch Fiona Apple and The Roots perform a new song and a cover Paul McCartney's "Let Me Roll It."
- Listen to Fiona Apple's new album on NPR Music, playing Tower Theatre on June 27
Back in March, native Philadelphian Gilbere Forte inked a deal with Epic Records after a long while of bouncing between Philly and L.A. pursuing his hiphop career. Today, we get a taste of his forthcoming record in the new single … Read More
- Gilbere Forte releasing soundtrack to his short film called "Pray"
- 10 New Philly Rappers To Watch Out For (via Complex Magazine)