Kudos to The Deli for spotting this yesterday: Gabrielle Smith and Benjamin Schurr, formerly of Philadelphia’s Br’er, just released a single under their new experimental pop project, Eskimeaux. The haunting track, “Trinkets,” can be heard on the Prefix Magazine website here. “Trinkets” will be part of the duo’s forthcoming self-titled album, scheduled for release November 8th. The album is being released through the label Human Kindness Overflowing and will only cost $5.00, with $2.50 going towards meals for Philabundance while the remaining $2.50 is split between the artist and the label’s future contributions to charities. Eskimeaux will be playing at Moviate in Harrisburg November 13th; ticket and show information can be found here.
MORE POSTS ABOUT
- Concert Previews
- Single Reviews
- The Deli Magazine-Philadelphia
Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
John the Conqueror celebrate the release of The Good Life at Milkboy tonight. Formed in 2010 by Mississippi natives Pierre Moore and Mike Gardner with Philadelphian Ryan Lynn, the trio has spent its short career creating a sound that keeps … Read More
- Groove to Pattern is Movement's new track "Climb to Me"
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
Three scuzzy rock acts set up shop at a packed Boot & Saddle last Saturday evening. NYC based garage rock quartet, Total Slacker opened the show. Their fun punk rockyness and energetic vibe got the crowd movin’ just in time … Read More
- Unlocked: Check out a gallery of photos from Katie Frank and The Pheromones' album release party by Caitlin McCann
- An evening of folk, rock and country inflected music from the Cowboy Junkies
For this Indie Rock Hit Parade session, we welcome Milagres to the studio. The men of the Brooklyn-based band are hardly strangers; they visited us in 2011 while on tour for their last album, Glowing Mouth (on the day that … Read More
- Amelia White's "Old Postcard" is as good as alt-country can get
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
Creepoid has always kept an eye peering down the tunnel that doesn’t have a light at the end of it. “Baptism,” the second single from the band’s forthcoming self-titled full-length LP, has a spiraling riff that drags you through the … Read More
- Premiere: Mock Suns blaze new paths with "As It Is; As It Was"
- Beat guru Moon Bounce releases the galactic "Shake"
Do Good Festival at Hard Rock Cafe brings together Chill Moody, Market East and more to fight Philly hunger
The Do Good Festival will be held August 16th at the Hard Rock Cafe. Ranging from rock to indie folk to hip hop, the all–ges festival will be hosting six artists including Chill Moody, Kuf Knotz, and Market East. With … Read More
- Restorations turns down their amps for a Philabundance benefit at Yards Brewery this month
The Deli’s Choice/Cuts series is back and the current episode features Philly psychedelic/folk outfit Bad Braids performing at Hotbox Studios. Bad Braids, which is really comprised of just singer/songwriter/guitarist Megan Biscieglia and a rotating cast of collaborators, premieres a new track called … Read More
- Watch Grandchildren perform "End Times" for the Choice/Cuts Session Series
- Gritty garage rockers Purling Hiss to release live cassette on 10/30