Lancaster rock quartet The Districts and Philly dreamscape band Edison are playing the weekly Ron Gallo Revue at Fergie’s tonight (as well as Gallo himself). The Districts released their first full-length album earlier this year, but you can also check out their three-track album, While You Were in Honesdale, released in September, here. Edison’s ethereal rock sound can be heard on their forthcoming debut album, Living Room, which you can stream here. Living Room is scheduled for release January 1st, 2013. Admission to the 21+ show is free, but be sure to get there before 9 to catch all three acts!
It’s going to be a good night for new projects from the regional punk scene. At Boot And Saddle, the band Thrills – the side project of Vacationer’s Michael Mullen that we told you about last month – makes its … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
Three girls strutted onto the Trocadero’s stage last night, each donning a flouncy dress, maybe paying homage to the first spring-like day in months. Opening the show, Au Revoir Simone, hailing from Brooklyn, played their dream pop tunes to entice … Read More
- Surrealist singer-songwriter Robyn Hitchcock takes the Sellersville Theater on a trip through the randomizer
- A sold out crowd worships Lorde's royal debut at the Tower Theatre
Last week, we heard Michael James Murray‘s latest EP The Heart Weeps for What It’s Lost II, which features some beautiful downtempo ambient music from a founding member of atmospheric Philly rock band Edison. Today we’ll take a look at … Read More
- Listen to The Heart Weeps for What It's Lost II: A new EP from Michael James Murray
- Stream "Orbital R.S.V.P." from Air is Human (playing El Bar on 4/13)
You wouldn’t expect a pop band to open an album with a lush piano and strings instrumental track. But expectations didn’t stop Philly’s Sidewalk Atlas from doing so with “At Least We’re Here Together”, and the result is actually quite … Read More
- Sunshine Superman won't get left behind in the DIY music age (playing Fergie's Pub tonight)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Efterklang at Johnny Brenda's, The Districts at Fergie's Pub
Central Pennsylvania-bred rockers The Districts are in the middle of a pretty awesome week. On Tuesday, their self-titled EP came out on Fat Possum Records, and they played a pizza-fueled release party at A.K.A. Music in Old City Philadelphia. Tonight, … Read More
- Tonight’s Concert Picks: Brazilian Girls at Underground Arts, Eleni Mandell at Union Transfer, Arctic Splash at Kung Fu Necktie and more
- The Districts celebrate their new EP with an energized set at A.K.A. Music