British songbird Jessie Ware‘s deep vocals resonate perfectly with Japanese R&B duo BenZel in a soulful new cover, “If You Love Me.” The song was originally recorded by the 90s female R&B group Brownstone, and can listen to their version here. Ware recently announced a U.S. tour in 2013, which includes a stop at Union Transfer January 18; for tickets and information go here. “If You Love Me” can be heard below.
It’s going to be a good night for new projects from the regional punk scene. At Boot And Saddle, the band Thrills – the side project of Vacationer’s Michael Mullen that we told you about last month – makes its … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
Tonight's Concert Picks: Lizanne Knott Philabundance benefit at World Cafe Live, The Phosphenes at The Fire, and Cuddle Magic at Boot and Saddle
Philly’s Lizanne Knott will play a show benefiting Philabundance tonight at World Cafe Live. The longtime local favorite released her last album Standing in the English Rain back in 2012. Featured in indie films, TV movies, and documentaries, Knott’s music is … Read More
- New Zealand brother and sister duo Broods making their Philly debut at Kung Fu Necktie in May
- Imagine Dragons' arena rock is here to stay
This week on Unlocked, The Key got the full scoop on Counting Your Curses by Katie Frank & The Pheromones. It’s the debut full-length from the local roots rock outfit, and you can download a track from it called “Halfway Gone” … Read More
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
- Indie Rock Hit Parade Live Session: Milagres
Creepoid has always kept an eye peering down the tunnel that doesn’t have a light at the end of it. “Baptism,” the second single from the band’s forthcoming self-titled full-length LP, has a spiraling riff that drags you through the … Read More
- Premiere: Mock Suns blaze new paths with "As It Is; As It Was"
- Beat guru Moon Bounce releases the galactic "Shake"
Tonight's Concert Picks: Up The Chain at Ardmore Music Hall, Weird Hot at Johnny Brenda's, August Burns Red at Union Transfer, and more...
Philly acoustic folk soul project Up The Chain is celebrating the release of their anticipated new album Seeds & Thorns with a party at Ardmore Music Hall tonight. Produced by Bill Moriarty (who has recently worked with The Lawsuits and Toy … Read More
- Jessie Ware's North American tour brings her to The TLA on 11/1
- The Week So Far: 12 must-read stories on The Key (incl. Roots Picnic, ONUINU and #LetBonnerShoot)
Philly space rockers The War on Drugs are often seen as unsmiling, super-serious vibe-wranglers. But they’re actually pretty funny dudes. When they’re not getting the candid long-form profile treatment in Grantland or crafting records full of dramatic atmospheres (Lost in … Read More
- Locals mewithoutYou and LA's Touche Amore bring the energy to Union Transfer
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more