Who is The Human Lard Dog and the Band Of Shy? For starters, the Lard Dog is Steven Erdman, a musician, multimedia artist and dad. The Lard Dog and his 10 piece Band of Shy is a family entertainment experience that’s equal parts Pee-Wee Herman, The B-52′s, The Preservation Hall Jazz Band and a silly circus sideshow. Mark Ruffalo’s a fan. They play World Cafe Live this Saturday, November 17th at 11:00 AM. Go here for more information about the show. Prepare yourself for some fun foolishness and listen to a few songs below.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
When Pattern is Movement played a set of brand new songs at Union Transfer back in October, the one that stood out the most was a slick and smokin’ midtempo groover with dynamic vocal harmonies. Turns out the song is … Read More
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Wilmington, DE musician Sarah Koon has released a new single called “Pretty Simple,” taken from her forthcoming EP This Kind of Education. The track forms around Koon’s beautifully executed piano playing, swirling out in cinematic fashion with several mood and … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Review: Marian Hill's Play
If thrash had a Mount Rushmore, Anthrax would definitely be represented – and would be the head wearing the clown nose. Alone among the otherwise deadly serious Big Four – Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer rounding out the pantheon – Anthrax … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Caroline Rose at World Cafe Live, Creepoid at Johnny Brenda's, Josh Ritter at The Keswick Theatre and more
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Marian Hill at Boot and Saddle, The Philly Jazz Project's "Who's Got The Jazz" at World Café Live, and Sad Actor at Ortlieb's