These days Richard Bush tends to kick around the Philadelphia music scene with his pop-rock band The Peace Creeps, but some 30 years ago, he was one of the frontrunners of the city’s New Wave scene in The A’s. The freewheeling band put out two full-length albums on Arista records and one self-released EP, and even though it parted ways in the early 80s, the guys reunite every now and again – like the Electric Factory show they played in 2007, or the Underground Arts appearance that goes on sale today. Tickets for the January 26 appearance will be available here at noon today. While we’re waiting, here are a few blast-from-the-past moments from The A’s video archive.
Every year new traditions begin and that’s why I’ve invited The Hooligans back in to join me this coming Monday, March 17th for my St. Patrick’s Day Leicht Lunch at Noon. I’ll be previewing their appearance on the show by playing … Read More
- Watch Thee, Idea Men perform "Help Me Mama" live at Milkboy
- Former Philadelphians Cheers Elephant release lyric video for "Peoples"
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
This week is the SXSW music conference in Austin, Texas – something you pretty much can’t miss if you frequent the music blogosphere. But if you’re staying home in Philly and find yourself scrolling through photos and tweets about amazing … Read More
- Just announced: A double dose of Phish at the Mann in July
- WXPN Welcomes Conor Oberst to Union Transfer on May 21st
Tonight's Concert Picks: The A's at Ardmore Music Hall, Winter Doldrums Music Festival at World Cafe Live, Jonathan Wilson at Underground Arts and more
Reunited Philly new wave-era rockers The A’s cross over county lines tonight to play a show tonight at Ardmore Music Hall. The five-piece force behind pop hits “A Woman’s Got The Power” and “After Last Night” staged a successful comeback … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes The A's to Underground Arts, Nightlands at Kung Fu Necktie (downstairs), Catnaps at Kung Fu Necktie (upstairs), Ladyfest Philly Benefit at Kung Fu Necktie (downstairs), XPN Welcomes Garland Jeffery's to The Sellersville Theater
- Charlie and Richie Ingui to perform with David Uosikkinen’s In The Pocket at XPoNential Music Festival
From NPR Music: Beck And Cauthen Texas natives David Beck and Paul Cauthen formed Beck & Cauthen back in 2009 after a series of chance musical encounters in Austin. It wasn’t long before the roots-rock duo — who take cues … Read More
- The Peace Creeps + Beck And Cauthen to perform a Free At Noon concert Aug. 19th at World Cafe Live