After a long wait from 2010′s 7″ release of Your Life Is Worth Pissed Jeans, Allentown post-hardcore rockers Pissed Jeans have finally released another rage-filled track, “Bathroom Laughter” on Pitchfork. The band’s explosive sludge sound comes back thrashing stronger than ever on “Bathroom Laughter.” The track is the first single from their forthcoming album Honeys, which is expected to be released sometime in February. Hear it now (and download it for the price of an email address) below!
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Wilmington, DE musician Sarah Koon has released a new single called “Pretty Simple,” taken from her forthcoming EP This Kind of Education. The track forms around Koon’s beautifully executed piano playing, swirling out in cinematic fashion with several mood and … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Review: Marian Hill's Play
Creepoid has always kept an eye peering down the tunnel that doesn’t have a light at the end of it. “Baptism,” the second single from the band’s forthcoming self-titled full-length LP, has a spiraling riff that drags you through the … Read More
- Premiere: Mock Suns blaze new paths with "As It Is; As It Was"
- Beat guru Moon Bounce releases the galactic "Shake"
It was definitely one of the harder-hitting lineups at Union Transfer in recent memory: Philly thrash four-piece Pissed Jeans, alongside scuzz-guitar jammers Purling Hiss and power duo Trophy Wife. Check out photos from Saturday night’s all-ages punk extravaganza below. (Hear … Read More
- Tonight’s Concert Picks: Restorations at Boot & Saddle, Mission of Burma / Bleeding Rainbow at First Unitarian Church, and Trophy Wife / Purling Hiss / Pissed Jeans at Union Transfer
- Just Announced: Pissed Jeans, Purling Hiss and Trophy Wife will play Union Transfer on 2/8
Tonight's Concert Picks: My Bloody Valentine at Electric Factory, Dresses at MilkBoy, Taj Mahal Trio at Grand Opera House, and more
Ethereal alt-rock icons My Bloody Valentine are bringing their elusive melodies and spidery vocals to Electric Factory tonight before they finish up their North American tour in New York. Dropping their anxiously anticipated third full length album mbv in February, … Read More
- The Week So Far: 12 must-read stories on The Key (incl. Roots Picnic, ONUINU and #LetBonnerShoot)
- Listen to Bleeding Rainbow's Yeah Right via Pitchfork (even though they didn't like it)