Bringing back the good ol’ battle of the bands-style competition, Bridging the Music is hosting a local music showcase on November 25th at The Blockley. Participating bands will have the opportunity to win a bunch of great prizes, including studio recording time and a headlining show at The Blockley. Tickets are $8, available here; get more information here. Below, watch The Chelsea Kills’ HotBox Session video for “I Fall Out” and check out the full line-up for the showcase.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
When Pattern is Movement played a set of brand new songs at Union Transfer back in October, the one that stood out the most was a slick and smokin’ midtempo groover with dynamic vocal harmonies. Turns out the song is … Read More
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Experimental Philly duo Air is Human will take up residency at Ortlieb’s this month and, as music to our ears, the shows will all be free. Every Wednesday night, Air is Human will have a hand-picked opener and jam out … Read More
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl--The Philadelphia Flower Show heralds spring and flamenco heats up Philadelphia!
Tonight's Concert Picks: Man Man at Underground Arts, Cold Fronts at Hard Rock Cafe, Everyone Orchestra at the Blockley and more
Experimental rock outfit Man Man will take the stage at Underground Arts tonight. The band released its most recent album On Oni Pond back in September, mixing quirky yet intelligent lyricism with huge hooks and a wide range of instrumentation. Find … Read More
- The Blockley announces final run of shows, featuring Splintered Sunlight, Schoolly D and more (happening 12/26-12/29)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lee Fields & The Expressions at Union Transfer, Washed Out at the Electric Factory, Bilal at The Blockley and more
Shaking Through premiered their latest recording this week, a collaboration spearheaded by Lushlife‘s Raj Haldar with several other local musicians. The end result, Toynbee Suite, is a 10+ minute hip hop symphony circling the mysterious Toynbee Tiles that are … Read More
- Listen to The Chelsea Kills's take on youth and goodbyes on their two new singles
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Lauryn Peacock and Catherine Prewitt at The Fire, The Brian Jonestown Massacre at Union Transfer, and The Chelsea Kills at North Star Bar