Only a month after the release of Philly rapper Meek Mill‘s debut full-length album, Dreams and Nightmares, a new version of one of its cuts is available for streaming. Originally “Lay Up” was supposed to appear on Meek’s record with verses from Rick Ross, Trey Songz, and Jay-Z, but the final album version included Wale instead of Jay-Z. You can hear the original version – with Jay’s verse intact – in the player below.
Singer-songwriter Amelia White cut her teeth on Boston’s folk music scene before moving to Nashville over a decade ago. White has said her new album, Old Postcard, is about “home and family” as inspiration. She’s got a rich and husky … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
Creepoid has always kept an eye peering down the tunnel that doesn’t have a light at the end of it. “Baptism,” the second single from the band’s forthcoming self-titled full-length LP, has a spiraling riff that drags you through the … Read More
- Premiere: Mock Suns blaze new paths with "As It Is; As It Was"
- Beat guru Moon Bounce releases the galactic "Shake"
There are few artists, bar any genre, who can command a stage and engage a crowd like Jay Z. At this point in his career, based on performances like last night, and the breadth of his dozen studio albums, it’s … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Meshell Ndegeocello at World Cafe Live, Luray at Burlap and Bean, Jason Isbell at Union Transfer and more
- Jay-Z honors Pimp C on "Tom Ford" remix (playing Wells Fargo Center on 1/29)
1. This is what the punk scene looked like in the 1980s 2. Exclusive Listen: Amos Lee covers “Some Days Are Diamonds” from The Music Is You: A Tribute to John Denver 3. Album Premiere: Listen to the debut album … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Powerhouse featuring Meek Mill at Wells Fargo Center, Kristen Sylvester at Random Tea Room, San Fermin at Boot and Saddle and more
- Download Meek Mill's new Dreamchasers 3 mixtape