The Portland, Oregon band Chromatics released an excellent album this year, Kill For Love, on the Italians Do It Better label. The band has just released a new song, “Cherry” from a forthcoming compilation, After Dark 2, on their label. Download the song here or below. The first After Dark collection came out in 2007 and was notable for its mix of bands that brought together various styles of music including disco, rock, electronica and glam.
Phish have announced their summer tour plans with two shows in Philly. After they wrap up their three shows in Saratoga Springs over the July 4th weekend, the party continues in Fairmount Park when they play the Mann Center on … Read More
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
- Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk collaborate on limited edition tape release
Hailing from pastoral Bucks County, Jeremiah Tall has equal access to the city and countryside, and you can totally hear it in his music. On the one hand, it’s very roots / Americana-centric – not unlike his neighbors Levee Drivers … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Marah, Auctioneer, Katie Frank & the Pheromones and more
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
The September edition of DJ Dave P’s Making Time party brought dreamy electropop outfit Chromatics to the Voyeur nightclub in Philly, along with their Portland neighbors Glass Candy. The former’s set got off to rousing start with the bright pulse … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: The Avett Brothers at Mann Center, Chromatics at Making Time, Kate Faust at MilkBoy, The Last Bison / David Wax Museum at World Cafe Live, Kat Edmonson at Prince Music Theater
- Get ready for Making Time this Saturday with a new mixtape from the Hypercage guys, featuring tracks by Little Boots, Pink Skull and The Avalanches
The Wisconsin seven piece Phox are doing a World Cafe session with David Dye this week as part of the Cafe’s week long Sense of Place Austin series. This week there are featured sessions with singer-songwriters Alejandro Escovedo and Patty … Read More
- The lonely dreams of singer-songwriter Matt Sucich
- Amelia White's "Old Postcard" is as good as alt-country can get