Singer-songwriter Gianmarco Cilli echoes the delicately striking tapestry of quirk and nostalgia found with sixties folk-pop bands on his new record Summers Gone Away, an EP that took three years to complete. In addition to his solo career, Cilli is a member of Philadelphia’s National Eye and holiday close-harmony collective The Silver Ages (with Charlie Hall, Dave Hartley, Nick Krill and more). The Silver Ages will perform at Art in the Age in December and will hold their sixth annual Holiday Spectacular at the Ethical Society of Philadelphia on Saturday, January 19th; stay tuned for tickets and more information. Below, listen to “Waiting Around.”
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
When Pattern is Movement played a set of brand new songs at Union Transfer back in October, the one that stood out the most was a slick and smokin’ midtempo groover with dynamic vocal harmonies. Turns out the song is … Read More
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Milton may be new to the local music scene, but he’s already proving to have something interesting up his sleeve on his debut album Simple Pleasures. It begins with a pair of laid-back, groovy R&B tracks that welcome the listener … Read More
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
Wilmington, DE musician Sarah Koon has released a new single called “Pretty Simple,” taken from her forthcoming EP This Kind of Education. The track forms around Koon’s beautifully executed piano playing, swirling out in cinematic fashion with several mood and … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Review: Marian Hill's Play
Experimental Philly duo Air is Human will take up residency at Ortlieb’s this month and, as music to our ears, the shows will all be free. Every Wednesday night, Air is Human will have a hand-picked opener and jam out … Read More
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl--The Philadelphia Flower Show heralds spring and flamenco heats up Philadelphia!
The musical holiday season in Philadelphia would be incomplete without an annual performance by The Silver Ages, the men’s close harmony vocal ensemble comprised of members of Philly’s local music scene started by Charlie Hall. The Silver Ages have announced … Read More
- Charlie Hall and Patrick Berkery of The Lindsey Buckingham Appreciation Society pick their favorite Fleetwood Mac songs (TLBAS playing Saturday 9/21 at Johnny Brenda's)
- The Silver Ages announce their 6th annual holiday spectacular in January