Budding UK pop darling Katy B has plans to follow up her 2011 debut, On a Mission, with a second full-length record sometime in 2013. But in the meantime, the singer released Danger, an EP with four brand new tracks partially produced by Philly mixmaster Diplo. It also features vocals from Jessie Ware (playing at Union Transfer January 18th) and Iggy Azalea (playing at The Trocadero December 20th); go here for more information. You can hear the EP below and download it for free here.
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Hailing from pastoral Bucks County, Jeremiah Tall has equal access to the city and countryside, and you can totally hear it in his music. On the one hand, it’s very roots / Americana-centric – not unlike his neighbors Levee Drivers … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Marah, Auctioneer, Katie Frank & the Pheromones and more
- Download Flyermile's first single "End of Eve," catch their debut show tonight at Boot and Saddle
Following this month’s strong showing at the Communion Club Night at Underground Arts, the monthly event has announced the bill for the next installment, taking place on April 3rd. NYC pop artist Johnny Stimson headlines, with support from local indie rockers The … Read More
- From Behind The Barricade: The Wonder Years tour kickoff had the Chameleon Club pulsing with energy
- Tonight's Concert Pick: Broken Beak at PhilaMOCA
Commonwealth Choir and Big Tusk have announced the release of a super-limited run of cassette tape splits ahead of their joint show at Milkboy this Saturday, March 15th. Recorded through an entirely analog process, Philly Tapes Philly Vol. 1: … Read More
- The whimsical indie-folk sounds of Phox
- PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Diplo and “friends” recently did a two hour BBC Radio 1Xtra mix for New Year’s featuring tracks from Drake, Bauer, Aluna George, Flosstradamus, Duke Dumont, Disclosure, Jay-Z, Storm Queen, Benga, Young Jeezy, DJ Fresh, and others. The session, originally broadcast … Read More
- Stream Diplo's Mad Decent Christmas compilation, A Very Decent Christmas
- Download Diplo's remix of Grizzly Bear's "Will Calls"
Tonight's Concert Picks: Up The Chain at Ardmore Music Hall, Weird Hot at Johnny Brenda's, August Burns Red at Union Transfer, and more...
Philly acoustic folk soul project Up The Chain is celebrating the release of their anticipated new album Seeds & Thorns with a party at Ardmore Music Hall tonight. Produced by Bill Moriarty (who has recently worked with The Lawsuits and Toy … Read More
- Jessie Ware's North American tour brings her to The TLA on 11/1
- The Week So Far: 12 must-read stories on The Key (incl. Roots Picnic, ONUINU and #LetBonnerShoot)