New wave icon Boy George warmed up for his show tonight at the TLA with a rousing Free at Noon set before a sold-out World Cafe Live crowd. Having just collaborated with co-headliners Black Lips on a cover of T. … Read More
- Cheerleader promises new single, and they deliver with a satisfying preview
- Philly punk party Rockers! returns to showcase diversity in a multisensory weekend festival
Today is the 7th annual Record Store Day. It’s a day to celebrate music, specifically the independent record stores that sell it and the exclusive vinyl selections by hundreds of bands being released as an incentive to get music fans … Read More
- Indie Rock Hit Parade Live Session: Dean Wareham
- Guitar deities and #xpnfest artists Rodrigo y Gabriela give a taste of their new album in "The Russian Messenger"
Just in time for sunnier days and (comparatively) warmer temperatures, Vacationer has returned with a brand new single called “The Wild Life.” In the insatiably catchy and polyrhythmic track, frontman Kenny Vasoli sings about “starting to change, being less guarded … Read More
- Singer-songwriter Madalean Gauze depicts the reality of "American War"
- Take in the vintage punk influences on Ex Friends' newest single "Fadeage"
Resistor, the solo project of Philadelphian Steve Goldberg, is getting ready to release its debut LP First World Problems. Goldberg started the synth-pop-driven effort following the dissolution of his Arch Enemies band in 2012, releasing an early take of the … Read More
- Meet Resistor: Steve Goldberg's new synth-pop project
We just got word over here at The Key that Steve Goldberg and the Arch Enemies - the Brian-Wilson-fronting-Fountains-of-Wayne orchestral indie ensemble that warmed our hearts with its Flood EP last year – is on hiatus following its gig at … Read More
- Philly Local Philes: Steve Goldberg and the Arch Enemies' "July"