Psychedelic metal fans, take note: Neurosis – the long-standing Oakland five-piece – just announced a string of winter tour dates that brings them to Union Transfer on Sunday, January 20. This is their first Philadelphia appearance since a November 2004 appearance at the Theater of Living Arts; ticket information will be announced shortly. Below, watch video of Neurosis’ appearance at Relapse Records‘ Contamination Festival at The Troc in 2003.
Singer-songwriter Amelia White cut her teeth on Boston’s folk music scene before moving to Nashville over a decade ago. White has said her new album, Old Postcard, is about “home and family” as inspiration. She’s got a rich and husky … Read More
- Unlocked: How Katie Frank became the leader of The Pheromones
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
When Pattern is Movement played a set of brand new songs at Union Transfer back in October, the one that stood out the most was a slick and smokin’ midtempo groover with dynamic vocal harmonies. Turns out the song is … Read More
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Headlong Dance Theater resumes its free special performances on First Fridays followed by a dance party. Headlong’s work has been called “a party, a communal provocation and a gathering around ideas and the bodies that hold them.” First Friday festivities are … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Bridging rock and classical music, Andrew Lipke wows at Sundays On Stage
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Philly space rockers The War on Drugs are often seen as unsmiling, super-serious vibe-wranglers. But they’re actually pretty funny dudes. When they’re not getting the candid long-form profile treatment in Grantland or crafting records full of dramatic atmospheres (Lost in … Read More
- Locals mewithoutYou and LA's Touche Amore bring the energy to Union Transfer
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more