The Brooklyn garage/punk outfits, The Babies and Swearin’, will be playing at Fishtown’s Kung Fu Necktie tomorrow. The Babies, the side project of Vivian Girls and Woods, have been steadily gaining popularity since their 2011 self-titled album. The band also recently released their second album Our House on the Hill in mid-November. That album can be purchased through Woodsist Records here. Swearin’, who recently wrapped up a tour with Japandroids, released a new, self-titled LP over this past summer that can be found here. For more information on the event click here. Below is the video for the Babies’ new track “Baby.”
PREMIERE: Whiskey swiggin' rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb brood and wail on "Don't Come Home Pretty Woman"
Whiskey swiggin’ folk-blues rockers TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announced a brand new 5-track EP last week, Kong, and today we bring you the premiere of a raw new track called “Don’t Come Home Pretty Woman.” Reminiscent of a … Read More
- PREMIERE: Download "Penn's Woods," a song from Bucks County one-man band Jeremiah Tall
- Groove to three new songs from Night Panther on the Kiss EP
Having released three energetic cuts from their upcoming debut album, The Sixties are stirring up lots of buzz around the release and tonight it peaks with their show at Milkboy. Listing Queens of the Stone Age and The Whigs among … Read More
- Not going to SXSW? Don't worry. WXPN is bringing SXSW to you.
- April's Communion Showcase hosts The Lawsuits, Banned Books, Gretchen Lohse and more
Wow, we saw so many bands at day two of Firefly Music Festival! To keep this recap from getting too unwieldy (since there’s a whole other day of the festival to get to), we’ll keep our thoughts to one or … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Japandroids at Union Transfer, Maxi Priest at The Keswick Theatre, The Best of Joey Sweeney at Johnny Brenda's, Work Drugs with Shark Tape at Ortlieb's, XPN Welcomes Ra Ra Riot at The Chameleon Club
- Five new R5 Productions shows coming soon to a venue near you
Tonight's Concert Picks: Mike Bell & The Movies at The Fire, The Jawn at M Room, Cold Fronts at Johnny Brenda's and more...
Mike Bell & The Movies play The Fire tonight. The power pop / punk band out of Philadelphia (featuring members of Algernon Cadwallader and Dangerous Ponies) released a new record called Nothing Works a few weeks ago, following up their Stuck in … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Communion Philadelphia with Vacationer and Pearl and the Beard at Underground Arts, The Wonder Years at Chameleon Club, TJ Kong at Kung Fu Necktie and more
- Tonight's Concert Picks: Cheerleader at Kung Fu Necktie, Schoolboy Q at The Trocadero, Robyn Hitchcock at Sellersville Theater and more
Another new music-packed Indie Rock Hit Parade is in your future! Tonight at 10pm on XPN, to be precise. There’s a whole lot of new music to get to, including new tracks from…well, have a gander below and tune in … Read More
- The Indie Rock Hit Parade Live Sessions: Swearin'
- Deck the halls with the Indie Rock Hit Parade's last show of 2013!
Tonight's Concert Picks: In Memory of Joe Stummer at North Star Bar, World/Inferno Friendship Society at Chamelon Club, Kalob Griffin Band at World Cafe Live, The Babies at Kung Fu Necktie
To mark the anniversary of Clash guitarist Joe Strummer’s passing, the North Star Bar will be hosting In Memory of Joe Strummer: A Benefit for Strummerville. The show benefits the Strummervile charity that financially support struggling musicians who aspire to … Read More
- Cassie Ramone shows off her karaoke skills in the new "Baby" video from The Babies (Playing Kung Fu Necktie December 22nd)