For today’s Twelve Days of Christmas bonus stocking stuffer, we’ve got a tune from The Fractals called “Christmas Has Changed.” This was performed by the band on the fourth annual WXPN Home for the Holidays special, which also included songs from York Street Hustle, High Kick, Modern Inventors and more. Download the song below, and tune in to 88.5 FM in Philadelphia or XPN.org anywhere to hear the special rebroadcast today at 10 a.m. and tomorrow at 5 p.m.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Local musician James Cuartero has released a new EP called What It’s Like When You Are Desperate for a New Life. Recording as That Dream Was Our Life, Cuartero is in the midst of a year-long project that will see him … Read More
- Bounce to "Little Ghost," the new single from Philly electro-popper W.C. Lindsay
- The Key Studio Sessions: Marah
Wilmington, DE musician Sarah Koon has released a new single called “Pretty Simple,” taken from her forthcoming EP This Kind of Education. The track forms around Koon’s beautifully executed piano playing, swirling out in cinematic fashion with several mood and … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Review: Marian Hill's Play
Tonight's Concert Picks: Ryan Shaw at Mt. Airy Night Market, Turning Violet Violet at Kung Fu Necktie, and The Fractals at Underground Arts
Night Market Philly, a free, food-centric street festival, is coming to Mt. Airy tonight. The event features 50+ food trucks and restaurants, as well as a music provided by WXPN. Grammy-nominated R&B artist Ryan Shaw, singer Ginger Coyle and Americana … Read More
- Listen to The Fractals recorded live on the Leicht Lunch
Amanda Duncan is a singer-songwriter with a swinging style and clever lyrics who’s been playing in the area since 2009. This year she was a finalist in the Philadelphia Songwriters Project, and this 12 Days of Local Christmas, she shares … Read More
- The 12 Days of Local Christmas: “Holiday Song” by Amos Lee
- The 12 Days of Local Christmas: "Christmas on the Block" by Larry Saklad