Three scuzzy rock acts set up shop at a packed Boot & Saddle last Saturday evening. NYC based garage rock quartet, Total Slacker opened the show. Their fun punk rockyness and energetic vibe got the crowd movin’ just in time … Read More
- Unlocked: Check out a gallery of photos from Katie Frank and The Pheromones' album release party by Caitlin McCann
- Hear Milagres play live, plus new music from Sharon Van Etten, Metronomy, Black Lips and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade
Last month, alt-rock icons Pixies played a double-header show in Philly, following up a lively stripped-down Free at Noon at XPN with an electrifying headlining set at the Electric Factory. Well, electrifying except for one thing. There was no encore. … Read More
- TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb announce new EP Kong, throwing tour kick-off show at Kung Fu Necktie on 3/6
- Philly experimental duo Air is Human usurp Ortlieb's every Wednesday in March
Singer-songwriter Amelia White cut her teeth on Boston’s folk music scene before moving to Nashville over a decade ago. White has said her new album, Old Postcard, is about “home and family” as inspiration. She’s got a rich and husky … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
Classic rock meets power pop with this performance by Free Energy at the Converse Rubber Tracks Studio. “Girls Want Rock” comes from the band’s latest album Love Sign, and is performed in an intimate space, but by the look and sound of … Read More
- The Week's Best Free MP3s, incl. Balance and Composure, Free Energy, Ben Smith
- Download Free Energy's cover of Jackson Browne's "Somebody's Baby"