Talk about music videos matching the mood of a song. In this one from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, a camera follows a person’s shadow through a thick forest to the beautiful strains of “We No Who U R.” The mysterious track is from the band’s new LP Push the Sky Away, which will be released in February. The video was directed by Argentinean filmmaker Gaspar Noe, and Cave called the video “beautiful, haunting and thoughtful” in The Quietus. Watch it below. Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds will perform at The Keswick Theater on March 19; tickets and information are available here.
Hear Milagres play live, plus new music from Sharon Van Etten, Metronomy, Black Lips and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade
Tonight’s Indie Rock Hit Parade is the definition of a doozy. Starting at 10pm tonight, catch a full two-hour mix of fresh new tracks and deep classic gems. In addition to a spotlight on the new Real Estate album, we … Read More
- An evening of folk, rock and country inflected music from the Cowboy Junkies
- Electronic rockers Liars playing Underground Arts on May 7th
Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
John the Conqueror celebrate the release of The Good Life at Milkboy tonight. Formed in 2010 by Mississippi natives Pierre Moore and Mike Gardner with Philadelphian Ryan Lynn, the trio has spent its short career creating a sound that keeps … Read More
- Groove to Pattern is Movement's new track "Climb to Me"
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
Last Saturday night at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden Community College in Blackwood, N.J., folk-rockers Cowboy Junkies took center stage. Playing to a one-third-full auditorium did nothing to diminish the quintet’s performance, and Margo Timmins’ vocals were stunning, despite … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl...First Friday, Sustainability and Women's History Month!
As the advent of winter approaches, next summer may seem oh so far away. But at least we have Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds to look forward to. The Australian troubadour and his band will play the Mann Center … Read More
- Dark crooner Nick Cave takes command of the Keswick Theater (review, photos, setlist)
- 10 bands we loved at SXSW
Blues rocker Jonny Lang drew a large crowd for his Free At Noon performance on World Cafe Live’s stage. Giving a taste of his soul deep within, Lang played a set that drew from his new CD Fight for My Soul … Read More
- Recap: Celebrating the past and looking to the future with Lucinda Williams at The Keswick Theater
- Just Announced: Colin Meloy of The Decemberists to Play Solo at The Keswick Theater on 11/2