When Arctic Splash played last month’s Philebrity Awards at Johnny Brenda’s, they got a treat from one of the other artists on the bill. Raunchy hip-hop dance-rock dude El Malito (pictured) broke out a bass-heavy remix of the Splash’ signature tune “Denim Tuxedo,” paired with some head-spinning animation. It surfaced as an mp3 a couple weeks later, and you can listen to it and download it below. Arctic Splash plays Kung Fu Necktie with Creem Circus and The Naked Heroes on Saturday, February 16th. Tickets and more information can be found here.
Hear Milagres play live, plus new music from Sharon Van Etten, Metronomy, Black Lips and more on tonight's Indie Rock Hit Parade
Tonight’s Indie Rock Hit Parade is the definition of a doozy. Starting at 10pm tonight, catch a full two-hour mix of fresh new tracks and deep classic gems. In addition to a spotlight on the new Real Estate album, we … Read More
- An evening of folk, rock and country inflected music from the Cowboy Junkies
- Electronic rockers Liars playing Underground Arts on May 7th
Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
John the Conqueror celebrate the release of The Good Life at Milkboy tonight. Formed in 2010 by Mississippi natives Pierre Moore and Mike Gardner with Philadelphian Ryan Lynn, the trio has spent its short career creating a sound that keeps … Read More
- Groove to Pattern is Movement's new track "Climb to Me"
- Modern Baseball's "Your Graduation" video will make you want to skateboard and slam dance in the FDR Park snow
Last Saturday night at the Dennis Flyer Theater at Camden Community College in Blackwood, N.J., folk-rockers Cowboy Junkies took center stage. Playing to a one-third-full auditorium did nothing to diminish the quintet’s performance, and Margo Timmins’ vocals were stunning, despite … Read More
- Tonight's Concert Picks: John the Conqueror at Milkboy, Art Garfunkel at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Black Horse Motel with Song Dogs and Spirit & Dust at Boot & Saddle and more
- XPN Weekend Arts Crawl...First Friday, Sustainability and Women's History Month!
Singer-songwriter Amelia White cut her teeth on Boston’s folk music scene before moving to Nashville over a decade ago. White has said her new album, Old Postcard, is about “home and family” as inspiration. She’s got a rich and husky … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
Tonight’s Concert Picks: Brazilian Girls at Underground Arts, Eleni Mandell at Union Transfer, Arctic Splash at Kung Fu Necktie and more
New York-based electric dance band Brazilian Girls play tonight at Underground Arts. The band’s fans are anxiously awaiting the release of its newest album – it’s acclaimed New York City came out six years ago. After taking a brief hiatus, Brazilian Girls are … Read More
- Philly Music of Christmas Past: Download Arctic Splash's "Don't Kill Yourself This Christmas"
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes The Spinto Band to Johnny Brenda's, Arctic Splash at Kung Fu Necktie, Cold Roses at MilkBoy, Parquet Courts at Voyeur for Making Time, Galentine's Day Cover Band Show at Cha-Cha'Razzi
This week on Unlocked, The Key got the scoop on Modern Baseball‘s new LP You’re Gonna Miss It All. Check out Mark Snitzer’s review here, watch the local pop / punk band perform deep cut “It’s Cold Out Here” and then … Read More
- El Malito ventures into the wild with "Cougars" remixes
- El Malito waxes poetic in “Cougars” ahead of show at Underground Arts on 1/31