Slick Philly-area electopop group Night Panther – pictured above full-band style, like they’re posing for a Kraftwerk album cover – premiered a new track this afternoon via My Old Kentucky Blog. “Fire” starts off simplistic and minimal, just a chiming piano and lots of sonic space. But the song builds into the kind of warped vocal groove we’ve come to expect of these guys. Download it here.
We mentioned in our Monday installment of Unlocked that Philadelphia songwriter Heyward Howkins has been very open about giving the public a window into his process. This includes his appearances on a couple local video series of note: the Kettle Pot … Read More
- The Week So Far: 10 must-read stories on The Key (incl. Courtney Barnett, Heyward Howkins, The 12 Days of Local Christmas)
- Nashville rockers The Weeks head up the January installment of Communion Club Night at Underground Arts
The lineup was just announced for next month’s edition of the Communion Club Night showcase at Underground Arts. Set for Thursday, January 9th, this installment features The Weeks, a swaggery rock and roll band with a country / Americana soul … Read More
- Dum Dum Girls bring their new Too True to Johnny Brenda's on 3/23
- Philadelphia's Lili Añel chases Bliss to make her most personal record to date
- Download "Standard Human," the raging new single from Philly's Purples (playing Boot and Saddle on 12/28)
- Mike Gordon of Phish to play Union Transfer in April; listen to a new song, "Ether"
Get sentimental with a free download of "Queen Bitch" by Night Panther (playing Boot and Saddle on 12/28)
Philly electropop outfit Night Panther released its self-titled album for a hot minute on Bandcamp earlier this year, but have since taken it down in order to give the record it a more commercial push over in the world of the … Read More
- Night Panther and Grandchildren playing a NYE weekend show at Boot & Saddle on 12/28
- Listen to Night Panther's Daytrotter session