Copenhagen’s one-man band Indians will be releasing his debut Somewhere Else via 4AD on January 29th and has a date scheduled with Night Beds and Cat Martino at Johnny Brenda’s on March 9th. Ahead of the debut album, 4AD has shared a free download of Indian’s spacey, orbiting single “I Am Haunted.” Stream and download the song below and then watch Indians perform an acoustic version of the song for The Wild Honey Pie. Tickets and information for the 21+ show at Johnny Brenda’s can be found here.
“I feel so much more empowered when I’m onstage with the band,” says Katie Frank. “I can be timid when it comes to singing my songs.” Timid. Hearing that word comes as a bit of a surprise since, in person, … Read More
- Listen to a quirky new single from Sarah Koon called "Pretty Simple"
- Black Francis to Magnet: Philly didn't get an encore 'cause Philly didn't earn an encore
Local musician James Cuartero has released a new EP called What It’s Like When You Are Desperate for a New Life. Recording as That Dream Was Our Life, Cuartero is in the midst of a year-long project that will see him … Read More
- Bounce to "Little Ghost," the new single from Philly electro-popper W.C. Lindsay
- The Key Studio Sessions: Marah
Wilmington, DE musician Sarah Koon has released a new single called “Pretty Simple,” taken from her forthcoming EP This Kind of Education. The track forms around Koon’s beautifully executed piano playing, swirling out in cinematic fashion with several mood and … Read More
- Indulge in Simple Pleasures courtesy of neo-soul newcomer Milton
- Review: Marian Hill's Play
Tonight's Concert Picks: Plow United at The Boneyard, Mock Suns at Johnny Brenda's, Cheap Girls at North Star Bar and more
Plow United will be playing at Atlantic City venue The Boneyard tonight. After looking like they might never come back to the stage, the thrashcore pop-punk band made an unexpected return and proudly released their new album, Marching Band, last April. … Read More
- New video for "Magic Kids" from Indians (playing Johnny Brenda's tomorrow)
- Tonight's Concert Picks: XPN Welcomes Work Drugs to Kung Fu Necktie, Office of Future Plans at The Fire, Night Beds with Cat Martino at Johnny Brenda's
Tonight's Concert Picks: Auctioneer at Johnny Brenda's, Eternal Summers at Boot and Saddle, Air is Human at Ortlieb's
Philly art-pop outfit Auctioneer headlines Johnny Brenda’s tonight. Singer and songwriter Craig Hendrix is in the midst of working on a new album – in between his stint playing keyboards in bands like Birdie Busch and The Greatest Night – … Read More
- PREMIERE: Philly art-poppers Auctioneer debut the melodic "Hard to Believe It"
- Unlocked: Going deep into the creative process of Creepoid